So I've been on the new guitar market for a while and haven't found anything right.

I've found an 1975 Japanese made Ibanez LP Custom in Lefty for $550
It's been recently refreted by a professional.
It's had all its wiring and Potentiometers replaced.
The pickups have been replaced for set of PAFS.
And from what I've seen its in good condition for a near on 40 year old guitar.
It's interstate to me so I can't play it or see it first hand.

The seller is selling it with the original hard case.
He also has great feedback from a fair few previous transactions.

My questions to anyone reading are;

1.) Is the pricing reasonable?
2.) Will the guitar be okay for my style? (Hardcore, Grunge, 90's Emo)
3.) Should I buy it?
The lawsuit Ibanez guitars are known for being of a high standard. The fact that its been refretted and had its electronics replaced suggests that it gets played a lot. I think it's worth the price if you like that kind of guitar.
Keep in mind that it will probably have a bolt-on neck. That's not necessarily a downside, more a matter of preference.
Quote by sashki
The lawsuit Ibanez guitars are known for being of a high standard. The fact that its been refretted and had its electronics replaced suggests that it gets played a lot. I think it's worth the price if you like that kind of guitar.
Keep in mind that it will probably have a bolt-on neck. That's not necessarily a downside, more a matter of preference.

Hey thanks for the response.
It's being advertised as Pre-Lawsuit and 'very rare' 'sought after'.

Bolt on doesn't bother me. All the guitars I have are bolt on. I'm an amateur so the disadvantages and advantages of a bolt on aren't clear to me yet.

I have til tomorrow to decide. I hate big decisions.
If you like it go for it.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
FWIW I have a LP Custom from Ibanez, 1977 or 1978 can't remember, and it's a set neck. It's also a great guitar, and honestly the pickups are the best Ibanez pickups I've heard (though it's not saying much and you wouldn't care since they have been changed).
It's definitely worth it =)
I also have a '77 Lp custom, 3 humbucker, loaded with super 70's..it worth it..even if its got a boltoon neck.

I have never seen one (in the 100+/- that I've seen) that are lefty...cool find.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
I hope TS pulled the trigger on it. I would have if I was him.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]