Hey guys,

so I did a cover of Rise Againsts song Savior today. Im quite happy with the result, the tone of the guitar might have been a bit different than that of Rise Againsts, but I felt it fit the song. The only part I dislike is the clean-part, I cant find a nice tone for the life of me.

Id very much like any other tips and tricks, things I should've done differently etc. C4C ofc. )

http://soundcloud.com/kergash/rise-against-savior

- Kergash
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
Hi Kergash,

You certainly did justice to an awesome Rise Against song . Your cover was pretty awesome!
I really like your distortion/overdrive tone, and I felt it came close to sounding like the Rise Against guitar tone. I was expecting vocals when it read full cover, but the cover certainly didn't lack because of that, because the playing was very good.

Some things I felt that could be improved were, your timing of the lead guitar during the pre-chorus (so tell me now..if this ain't love etc.), it sounded a bit off, but maybe its meant to be like that. Also, yeah, the clean part was a bit sloppy, very little though. Also, I felt the bass could be a bit louder. The bass really plays a big role in the sound of almost all Rise Against songs, so yeah.

Keep it up . I'd really like to see more covers from you

Could you please check out my cover if you have the time?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1527184

Thanks! I'd really appreciate it.
Quote by FallenDestiny
Hi Kergash,

You certainly did justice to an awesome Rise Against song . Your cover was pretty awesome!
I really like your distortion/overdrive tone, and I felt it came close to sounding like the Rise Against guitar tone. I was expecting vocals when it read full cover, but the cover certainly didn't lack because of that, because the playing was very good.

Some things I felt that could be improved were, your timing of the lead guitar during the pre-chorus (so tell me now..if this ain't love etc.), it sounded a bit off, but maybe its meant to be like that. Also, yeah, the clean part was a bit sloppy, very little though. Also, I felt the bass could be a bit louder. The bass really plays a big role in the sound of almost all Rise Against songs, so yeah.

Keep it up . I'd really like to see more covers from you

Could you please check out my cover if you have the time?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1527184

Thanks! I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks man, really nice to hear! The bass should've been a little higher, I agree. I just struggle a bit to get the tone I want out of my bass, doesnt sound as good as it should do when its the only thing playing.

Theres some other covers I've done on my soundcloud-page!

Quote by Niko92
It's only your tone over a backin' track? it's really powerfull! I suggest to make a youtube video so it will be more interesting to be heared! I didn't like the clean part but the rest is very good!

take also a look to my youtube cover of a classic masterpiece:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1527174

The drums are Superior Drummer 2.0, I've recorded the bass myself, as well as the guitar-tracks. So its just my playing in this track, no backing track at all.
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
The drums definitely need to be fixed up. I would've put more velocity on them at least... they sound a little weak. Also, I don't think the tempo is quite correct, you play it a little too quick I think. You should also try and ease up when your playing a bit too, the little picked parts sound a little too harsh.

All in all a good effort, though! Nice sound