Page 1 of 4
The Motion Picture Association of America has given an “R” rating to “Bully” -- a new film coming out soon that documents the epidemic of bullying in American schools. Because of the R rating, most kids won’t get to see this film. No one under 17 will be allowed to see the movie, and the film won’t be allowed to be screened in American middle schools or high schools.

Think of how many of these kids could benefit from seeing this film, especially if it is shown in schools?

http://www.change.org/petitions/mpaa-don-t-let-the-bullies-win-give-bully-a-pg-13-instead-of-an-r-rating?utm_medium=email&utm_source=action_alert

You will maybe find out that I copy-pasted the text above, I admit it, I'm a bad writer.
I'm pretty sure I remember watching rated R films in my high school, the students just needed to get signed permission slips from parents beforehand or something.
1. Who the **** is going to want to watch this anyway. kids are interested in watching shit like project x and 21 jump street.

2. The kids that are under 17 and want to watch it can just go with their parents.

3. It can be shown in highschool, as long as parent permission is granted.
Sail upon the open skies
Just have them get a ticket for another movie.

When did this get so difficult for people?
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
The MPAA don't know what they're doing. They'll let R rated movies with really graphic violence keep their rating but if there's too much titties and love making it's NC-17.

I doubt they will change the rating for it.
But I support bullying Some kids need to stop being annoy bitches.

If they want it to not be rated R, just cut some stuff out. It's not that hard.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Noskool
The Motion Picture Association of America has given an “R” rating to “Bully” -- a new film coming out soon that documents the epidemic of bullying in American schools. Because of the R rating, most kids won’t get to see this film. No one under 17 will be allowed to see the movie, and the film won’t be allowed to be screened in American middle schools or high schools.

Think of how many of these kids could benefit from seeing this film, especially if it is shown in schools?

http://www.change.org/petitions/mpaa-don-t-let-the-bullies-win-give-bully-a-pg-13-instead-of-an-r-rating?utm_medium=email&utm_source=action_alert

You will maybe find out that I copy-pasted the text above, I admit it, I'm a bad writer.

This movie won't do shit. In fact a movie will never do shit. You have to be a wanky hipster (and that explain the bullying) to believe it.

If you want to do something against bullying, reinforce authority in schools.

But bullying is natural you can't do anything about it, and you SHOULD NOT.
Last edited by ArtyArnaud at Mar 18, 2012,
Quote by Skynyrd890
Just have them get a ticket for another movie.

When did this get so difficult for people?

I did this to see Immortals. Got a ticket to some Twilight thing, went to see a 300-esque murder spree.

And killed two birds with one stone, because now if people say Twilight is awesome, I can say it's cocks and tell them I have proof.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
Quote by ArtyArnaud
This movie won't do shit. In fact a movie will never do shit. You have to be a wanky hipster (and that explain the bullying) to believe it.

That is true. Bullying's always been around, kids are just getting weaker.
Quote by StillSublime
I did this to see Immortals. Got a ticket to some Twilight thing, went to see a 300-esque murder spree.

And killed two birds with one stone, because now if people say Twilight is awesome, I can say it's cocks and tell them I have proof.

Me and this girl did it one morning at 8 AM, and stayed til about 11 at night just watching stuff.

I miss 10th grade.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
It says for language, so I assume that it has 2 or more f-bombs. Which could easily just be bleeped out. Problem solved.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I'm pretty sure I remember watching rated R films in my high school, the students just needed to get signed permission slips from parents beforehand or something.

I've also done this when I wasn't old enough to see certain movies. I don't if movie theaters still allow it though.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
Signed because it takes 30 seconds and why not. This site's actually gotten things done in the past.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by lushacrous
It says for language, so I assume that it has 2 or more f-bombs. Which could easily just be bleeped out. Problem solved.
Well not bleeped. That doesn't fly in movies. But you can overdub them really easily.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by ArtyArnaud

Well, it's better to bring attention to the issue rather than being lazy and ignoring it. That is the way we can find solutions for problems like this. And I'm aware that the company making this movie probably has something else on their mind too: money. But what other solution do you have?

How can you say that we can't do anything about bullying? Come with some valid arguments instead of saying that "bullying is natural", it's just too vague. Of course we can do something about it, the first step is to bring attention to the issue.
Quote by Noskool
Well, it's better to bring attention to the issue rather than being lazy and ignoring it. That is the way we can find solutions for problems like this. And I'm aware that the company making this movie probably has something else on their mind too: money. But what other solution do you have?

How can you say that we can't do anything about bullying? Come with some valid arguments instead of saying that "bullying is natural", it's just too vague. Of course we can do something about it, the first step is to bring attention to the issue.

With a movie though? The only people I can see coming to this will be middle aged adults. Not to mention this will be a limited release so its already going to have a limited audience.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by ArtyArnaud

This is the second thread today where I have seen you be an absolute ball bag. I assumed you were really badly bullied, maybe your parents dont love you or something. I sympathise with them.
Now with New and Improved Signature
Quote by angusfan16
With a movie though? The only people I can see coming to this will be middle aged adults. Not to mention this will be a limited release so its already going to have a limited audience.

Of course it isn't the movie that will solve the issues. But the more attention and awareness we put into an issue, the more opportunities will grow out of that.

So in one way "ArtyArnaud" is right, the movie won't magically make bullying go away, but it's just a very apathetic way of looking at the issue when he says we can't do anything about it.
Quote by goodlifebadlife
This is the second thread today where I have seen you be an absolute ball bag. I assumed you were really badly bullied, maybe your parents dont love you or something. I sympathise with them.

If I'm supporting bullying how the hell was I bullied?

I wasn't really serious though

Just don't read the last sentence of my last post.

The movie could raise awareness I get that, but TS seems to imply that a movie could affect the mindset of the kids about bullying, I don't believe it.
Quote by ArtyArnaud
If I'm supporting bullying how the hell was I bullied?

I wasn't really serious though

Just don't read the last sentence of my last post.

The movie could raise awareness I get that, but TS seems to imply that a movie could affect the mindset of the kids about bullying, I don't believe it.

Well, you do come off as quite a dickwad.

Me too.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
Signed off because why not?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

Well done, my friend.
If you're getting bullied, man up and hit the bully in the face with a brick.

I've got no time for pushover bastards who cry like a girl when they get deodorant sprayed in their eyes.

Bullies show us who the pussies are.

EDIT: This is part joke, but I do stand my ground in referral to pushovers.
Sing me to sleep.
Last edited by aeroslash09 at Mar 19, 2012,
Surely it shouldn't be too hard to find out what parts of the film caused the rating, edit them out and get the film re-rated?
Quote by aeroslash09
If you're getting bullied, man up and hit the bully in the face with a brick.

I've got no time for pushover bastards who cry like a girl when they get deodorant sprayed in their eyes.

Bullies show us who the pussies are.

EDIT: This is part joke, but I do stand my ground in referral to pushovers.

Saying that is just of ignorant.

We are also mostly talking about kids here. So it's a complicated subject, it's not just about who are right or wrong, who have balls or not, or anything like that. Do you really think it's that simple, to tell a kid to "man up"? Do you really have that little empathy?

I can only speak from my own experience, but I was bullied a lot in school. Now, 10 years later, those bullies are sitting at home without a job or education. Some of them are still living with their parents. I'm working hard on getting somewhere in life. Who are the pushovers now?

It never helped when someone told me to "man up". I'm just a lucky example, I found ways to deal with it, and I'm still working hard on getting back up on my feet. I'm still scarred. There are many kids who can't even see the opportunities they have, some of those kids end up committing suicide.

There is nothing manly about bullying another person, in most cases it's the bullies who have a weak mentality, therefore they want to feel more powerful than others to feel good about themselves. If you have to bully someone to feel good about yourself, then YOU are the "pussy".
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

Don't you see that they're creating this to promote the movie? I promise you, the rating will be lowered regardless. The company's in the business of doing business. Do you think they're that stupid that they would limit their audience that much? They want to sell as many tickets as humanly possible. When the rating is lowered, people who signed off will think it's because of them and will probably pay to see the movie multiple times. This is all about the dough. It's really a win win situation because they're getting tons of money while the people going will feel like they're heroes.
I think a film isnt going to do much. Bullying has taken a new turn with the inventions of myspace,facebook,google+ etc etc.

Im not entirely sure something can be done about a thing that has been going on since people existed. Its just unfortunate that with the tech we have nowadays its just that much easier to humiliate/harass others and ruin reputations.

People arent getting weaker the blade(bullying) is getting sharper.
Knowledge is power
Quote by ArtyArnaud

It would seem stupidity is natural too. Oh well.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Noskool

I agree that bullying doesn't make you a man. But does letting someone bully you make you a better person than if you caved his head in for doing it?

i don't think so.

I agree that we can't tell kids to man up, but when you reach 10 or 11 you really have to grow the fuck up and start hitting back.

and on the suicide front, if someone kills themselves due to being bullied, then how far would they ever get in life anyway?
Sing me to sleep.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by aeroslash09
I agree that bullying doesn't make you a man. But does letting someone bully you make you a better person than if you caved his head in for doing it?

i don't think so.

I agree that we can't tell kids to man up, but when you reach 10 or 11 you really have to grow the fuck up and start hitting back.

and on the suicide front, if someone kills themselves due to being bullied, then how far would they ever get in life anyway?

Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by spitonastranger
Teenagers love preachy movies. If it's anything like the Kony video then the guy behind this will be caught masturbating in public after a huge shitstorm comes up about it.

FTFY
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Page 1 of 4