http://soundcloud.com/lascailles-shroud/evolved

It is long, just under 13:30 so anyone who makes it through has my appreciation. There is little repetition however, the only main repeating parts almost 9-10 minutes apart and there is a lot of stuff going on so it should keep you interested (I hope)

First attempt at using a tone from Gods Cab IR's in a song, so I hope it works out.

Evolved: Transcendental Cyber-Eroticisms by Lascaille's Shroud on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Here be the lyrics for those interested

Transcendental Cyber-Eroticisms

Sarah: We’ve awakened to a world of disease and madness
Our impending doom accelerates the decline of humanity
Swimming through galactic seas in preparation of war
Revelation macroscopic! Are we the gods we think we are?

Vincent: Diving inside of each other, DNA intimate
Seeing through the lovers eyes, Exceeding humanity
Light-speed through bloodstreams, impacting force upon the heart
Passion collides with nature, unstoppable progression

The Swarm: You will pay in death
For your romantic conquest of circuitry
You will pay in blood
For your disregard of our law

Vincent: Creating life rising from empty tides
In nothingness a beautiful skyline born in the image of woman

The Swarm: You will die!
For your conquest of evolution

Vincent: Nature no longer can be applied
Evolution resides in choice
Hypothesize synthesis
To create without medium

The Swarm: We will be the harbinger of your extinction

Sarah: Metallic skin soft as flesh
Artificial eyes bright with life
Legs of steel wrap around
The waists of a newborn race

Vincent: Caressing against her
Music of galactic choirs
Sinking into deep passion
Euphoric state found inside her

Embracing synthetic flesh
Feeling the pulse artificial

Sarah: Harmonious life rhythms
Two lives entwined as one

We've awakened to a world of fire and betrayal
Our impending doom accelerates the decline of sanity
Swimming through galactic seas in preparation of war
Revelation macroscopic! We are not the ones you should scorn

Vincent: Diving inside of each other, DNA intimate
Seeing through the lovers eyes, Exceeding humanity
Immune to death: Evolution unbound
The perfect cure, but am I too late?
Lascaille's Shroud

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

You only exist because we allow it,
And you will end because we demand it.
Well, I listened to the whole thing. I didn't like these type of vocals yesterday, and I still don't today, so I'm extremely indifferent on that. The structure is nice, and it's awesome to say that all of the parts are different, but to be completely honest, the last 5 minutes or so I wasn't really captivated with. I know that sounded negative, but if you took out the vocals, I would really really enjoy the song!
lol, well thats not really an option, if its not your thing then I respect that. Thank you much for listening though, I appreciate it!
Lascaille's Shroud

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

Awesome, tons of attention to detail. I love the sci-fi theme and the vibe of the music fits the lyrics really well. I think in terms of composition it works, but it feels a bit directionless at times. also, some of the transitions are a little abrupt. the one around 3:20 is particularly awkward to my ear.
Aside from that, section at ~7:50 - 9:00 is fantastic, and the distorted riff that follows it is a really nice follow up to that section. Love the blast beats that come in afterwards as well. Kind of disappointed in the fade out at the end because it doesn't allow for a sense of closure, though maybe thats what you wanted here.
I like the vocals. Drums sound good too. What do you use for drums?
Overall I dig this a lot. Ive been toying with a similar idea for a sci-fi themed prog concept EP recently as well, so this was very cool to hear.
This song is meant to bleed into the next, there is a narrative passage connecting the two, which remains missing until I finish re-recording that. Honestly, it is directionless and its intentional. I have a few songs where I want the feeling of just progression, you move forward and theres no cohesion until the very end, and even then ending leaves it almost awkward in a way. I actually like that feeling lol

Most people might not like, but the idea is to make the entire series feel connected as a whole and not just individual songs. Kind of like the feeling I get when I listen to Between The Buried And Me's "Colors" from start to finish.
Lascaille's Shroud

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

Cool. I like the idea of cohesion between pieces. It's been a while since I've listened to Colors all the way through, but what I remember about it is that it's put together as if it were one long piece of music. It's so extreme that I remember certain tracks just cutting out when they were 'over' because they lead right into the next one. That kind of turns me off, I like to see cohesion but I also like to see each individual song be able to stand on its own. Otherwise, at least in the case of Colors, what's the point of splitting the album into separate songs in such an abrupt way when they could be longer and more able to stand alone as well as part of the whole?
I guess it all comes back to personal preference as you said