This is a new song Ive been working on. I had the chorus in my head a few months back but really didn't know what to do with it. Finally put in some work and came up with this song.
Its a basic rough cut, just me, the guitar, and lyrics to accompany it all. Hopefully you enjoy but let me know what you think.

you will most likely have to turn your speakers up and I do apologize in advance if you forget to turn them down and move on to another song.......

Thanks and let me know what you think. And as always, C4C.

http://youtu.be/AmG292UC-io
cut. it. out.
Last edited by Dave Coulier at Mar 18, 2012,
Nice, easy-to-listen to song and a nice melody. I like your guitar and chord progression and the way you play it. Your voice is soft and toneful, very, very slightly pitchy at times but that's all I can say about it that is bad. All in all a very nice song with meaningful lyrics!
Enjoyed this, thanks for sharing! Thinks it's tough when you've just got one guitar and a vocal to make a song interesting but think you've accomplished it here. If you were to record you could always add layers but nice little tune you've got there
Cool little song man! The vocal melody and the lyrics were very cool. The guitar work was also pretty sweet. not half bad for a rough draft
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
Nice rough draft you got there, I like it ! Reminds me of James Blunt, except that you have a voice that I do enjoy listening to ! Are you planning on adding more things to the song? Just curious. I think it's fine that way, it's nice to listen to a good nothing but guitar and vocals song when you're in that kind of mood.

Head over to my link if you wanna try what I'm doing https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1526635 Be warned, it's pretty different from what you got going here xD ... Anyways, keep up the good job.
Last edited by 7thvagrant at Mar 19, 2012,
I like it a lot. Happy summer melody! Sounds as if it could be used in an advert.
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Marshall JCM 100DSL
Custom 2x12 G12H Extension Cab

Nevermind.........
Hey thanks for the replies! Im thinking Im going to change up the finger picking style and then strum the chords during the chorus. Ive been messing with it the past few days and I think it fits the song pretty well. I wish I could mess around on the harmonica because I would definitely add one in here between the first chorus and the 2nd verse. I was going to record it and post it but I went and bought a microphone at radio shack and of course, it only seems to want to record in mono. So once I return that piece of junk and get one that records properly ill post it to get some critiquing.
cut. it. out.
For a youtube video that was uploaded from a camera or laptop, the quality is surprisingly good. Your voice fits the song, and I like the fact that there's fingerpicking in there (Which is something I can barely do)... But along those lines there really isn't much emotional attachment for the listener because of how static everything is. I feel like adding the harmonica in and changing up between fingerpicking and strumming will help alleviate that somewhat. For a rough draft its really quite good, but it doesn't feel finished to me, and while its something I'd listen to it isn't something I'd promote quite yet. Sorry if that at all sounds harsh.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1527709
yeah I hear ya man. I feel I have a better musical layout for the song but now its just a matter of recording and going from there. Thanks for the crit!
cut. it. out.
Quote by Skint Out
Good tune mate, nice chord prog.

I V IV V??
yes indeed

i liked it man you have a chill voice!!