Recently I bought an ESP LTD H-330 to test drive those new ESP actives but I can't seem to get the back plate off of the battery compartment. Any suggestions?

It's perfectly fine, the screws came out clean and all but the problem is it's flat with the body so I can't grab onto it and it doesn't fall out when I turn it over. :\
Quote by Soccerguy
Use a flat head screw driver, or card, or something and pry it out?

The plate seems to be too big for the fit so I can't slip anything down the sides.

I tried using a small screw driver to pry it out from the holes but that doesn't show much promise either.
Quote by LuckyLu
Ducttape can do all sorts of things...

Tried it.

Also tried the tapping it thing.

**** it, I have to go to work so I guess I'll figure it out later.
Last edited by Greatdude49 at Mar 18, 2012,
Just stick something in one of the holes and use leverage to pry it off.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Assuming the ESP has a side mounted jack, take the jack out and stick a pencil or finger in there and push it out that way. Had the same thing happen to a friends bc rich bass i was fixing. And before you put the plate back on, sand the edges down a bit
^ I like you fix for that.
And if you cant get it off that's a good signal you shouldn't have the guitar. I mean come on its a battery cover
What the hell!!!
Try running a utility/Stanley knife alonng the edge of the plate, but make sure the blade is VERY sharp, and go VERY carefully, just enought to get a tiny flat head screwdriver into the edge.
Quote by WtrPlyr
use a suction cup from like a SatNav or something.

Even better idea: Open your mouth to the size of about a 1/2" in diameter. Place lips on plate, but do so to create an air tight seal. Then suck as hard as you can. Pull face away from guitar and, hopefully, the plate should come with it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Smash it!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by LaidBack
Even better idea: Open your mouth to the size of about a 1/2" in diameter. Place lips on plate, but do so to create an air tight seal. Then suck as hard as you can. Pull face away from guitar and, hopefully, the plate should come with it.

Yeah that's easier. Might let your girlfriend do it.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Yeah that's easier. Might let your girlfriend do it.

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals