I finally gave in a purchased a USA Jackson. I have previously had many Jacksons and knew the quality was much better with the USA models, but had I known how much better, I'm sure I would've gotten one sooner. Most guitar shops around don't have many Jacksons, nevermind USA models. I found a 'Used' one online for an excellent price. I believe this was probably a floor model and I haven't found anything cosmetically wrong with it but they had to list it used none the less.

I went with a DK1 because it's a bolt-on and I personally like the feel of the neck not being lacquered much better. They now come equipped with the EMG 81/85 combo which is my personal favorite. And I'm an absolute sucker for the finished burst headstock

Quality: Everything about this guitar is the best. I think you really have to play it to understand. There is no comparison to my MIJ Jackons. The body is alder with a flamed maple top. The maple top is around 1/8 inches thick and this guitar is significantly heavier than the DK2s. The neck is dressed different as well, oiled, I believe, instead of painted which gives it a much smoother feel. Bound ebony fretboard with real mother of pearl inlays looks amazing. The flamed maple is really high quality and is always shining. The headstock is veneered and the MOP Jackson logo makes it look really slick. Pretty much everything on this guitar is metal and not plastic, except for the pickup covers. The tremolo is an original Floyd Rose, which don't think requires an explanation.

Sound: I was extremely surprised the difference in sound this guitar gave me. It's amazing. The thicker maple top makes much more of a difference than I would have thought. Everything comes through extremely clear and is well balanced. I almost feel bad because I haven't been touching my other guitars. The sustain on the guitar is incredible as well. I know a some people seem to think bolt-on isn't great for sustain, but I now know for sure they are wrong. This thing sustains way longer than any of my other bolt-on or neck thru guitars.

Maybe sometime in the future I will do some comparison clips.
Last edited by decadence5423 at Mar 20, 2012,
Awesome.

HNGD!
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
The top looks like a veneer :/ Might be just me. HNGD.

I kinda agree..

Nonetheless, HNGD! She's gorgeous
Gibson Firebird 70s Tribute
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

Hahahaha - no
USA Jacksons are flame/quilt maple TOP all the way - if there was a side view of the body you'd see the thickness of that maple.
That is a stunning dinky, and you tend to see more soloists in this kind of finish, it's nice to see a dinky looking this classy
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

You can't tell just by looking at it from the front anyway.

I don't even like thick maple caps unless its on LP's. They tend to make the guitar too bright.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 18, 2012,
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

that's prolly because veneers tend to be from very highly flamed maple. that's just a highly figured top

pic from the side, though, please
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think it might just be because the red doesn't fade into the orange/ yellow too well. Reminds me of an Epiphone Les Paul.

He said it's USA made, so I'm not doubting that it is a real maple cap, just saying it looks more like a veneer. I'm sure in person it'll probably look more authentic.
It's really hard to get a side view. My camera isn't very good. The flash also makes everything blur red so sorry it's kind of dark.

Also here's a shot on the inside. You can see the burst is more defined here. The guitar itself looks way better in the sunlight but my cheap camera doesn't seem to convey it very well either way.

hubba hubba
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by decadence5423
It's really hard to get a side view. My camera isn't very good. The flash also makes everything blur red so sorry it's kind of dark.

ah no worries, i'm terrible at taking pics too

thanks for trying, i can sorta make out what i think is the top in the pic
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Amazing guitar.
I've played USA Jackson's before and loved them. Too bad I can never save up for one.
*Crossing my fingers for the future*

HNGD bud, looks like it plays amazing.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I think it might just be because the red doesn't fade into the orange/ yellow too well. Reminds me of an Epiphone Les Paul.

He said it's USA made, so I'm not doubting that it is a real maple cap, just saying it looks more like a veneer. I'm sure in person it'll probably look more authentic.

I have noticed more and more recently that you keep trying to piss on people NGDs.

Stop it.

Great guitar TS

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I have noticed more and more recently that you keep trying to piss on people NGDs.

Stop it.

Great guitar TS

I don't mean to put the guitars down or say it's crap, I always say "HNGD nonetheless" or words to that affect after I leave a comment. But yeah, I'll give my opinion on the guitar it's just a lot of the guitars posted recently haven't been my thing really. There's no intention to be a dick about it and I'm sorry if it comes across like that.
I really like the cherry burst they have, I was thinking of getting a Charvel Desolation soloist in the Cherry burst or blue smear until I played the Charvel Star this past weekend.
What the hell!!!
always wanted a USA superstrat Jackson...you're not helping with GAS...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Hot damn that's a nice one! HNGD!!
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.