Has anyone played one yet or has any opinions on the new Orange Micro Terror? Thinking of getting rid of my Vox AD30VT for one, it's only £150 for the head and 8" cab over here and you can connect a second cab as well.

Want something a bit more tube like for home but can deal with gigs too (apparently its 100w head and can power a 4x12). Any thoughts?
No dont it is a toy.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Crikey that hasn't gone down well! Quite fantasise little white Vox's, is it the AC4? A better buy do we think?
A 20w solid state power section is not gonna get close to gigging volume.
Ive never tried it or heard it so I don't really know anything about its quality.
Quote by teamcooper
Crikey that hasn't gone down well! Quite fantasise little white Vox's, is it the AC4? A better buy do we think?

The AC4 is an awesome amp, especially for the price, but you certainly can't gig with it. Oh, and it pretty much doesn't have cleans if you use a humbucker.
thought with the AC4 I could use an external speaker for gigs (although I'm not in a band at the min so its not a concern)
So we rate the AC4 then? I do quite like cleans and have humbuckers in one of my 2 guitars.
Is there any advantage in going with the head and cab over the combo?
Quote by teamcooper
thought with the AC4 I could use an external speaker for gigs (although I'm not in a band at the min so its not a concern)
So we rate the AC4 then? I do quite like cleans and have humbuckers in one of my 2 guitars.

I quite like mine but it doesn't have much clean headroom. At 1/4w it breaks up properly (with humbuckers) at around noon-1 for a nice light-ish blues sound.

I tried it through my Rebel 112 cab w/ Celestion Lead 80s and it looses alot of the brightness. Probably has alot to do with the stock speaker so I'd say get the AC4TV8. IIRC it's discontinued but you may be able to get it somewhere and it's not much more than the head.

Or buy used.

You can't do a big gig with it. Probably a small bar or something of the sort.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by TheDuckMajor
A 20w solid state power section is not gonna get close to gigging volume.

I've done it with 15w SS, perfectly clean.
It's called a PA...

I don't get why people are so obssessed over wattage, I've never been to a bar without a PA.
Quote by &baconstrips
I've never been to a bar without a PA.

Lucky
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by teamcooper

i haven't tried it, but i think the combo and cab are mdf or particleboard. as such it might make sense going for the head and a separate (non-vox) ply cabinet with a decent speaker. though that's going to massively inflate the cost, perhaps to the point where you could just get a better amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just dont play at lame-ass bars without a PA.
Anyways, this is getting off track.

Don't get the micro terror. Or at the very least dont get the 1x8 cab. It doesn't really seem like an improvement over your current vox.

Budget? Genre?
You need to wait till they release the Nano Terror.

There were going to be debuted at Musikmesse, but the production team accidentally stepped on all of them.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by teamcooper
Has anyone played one yet or has any opinions on the new Orange Micro Terror? Thinking of getting rid of my Vox AD30VT for one, it's only £150 for the head and 8" cab over here and you can connect a second cab as well.

Want something a bit more tube like for home but can deal with gigs too (apparently its 100w head and can power a 4x12). Any thoughts?

Frankly, it's crap, and it would really a downgrade from your Vox. The tiny terror, on the other hand, is great, as is the Vox Night Train, AC4TV, Marshall Class 5 etc...
Don't mind them. The Solid State power section doesn't mean it'll sound shit. At worst, it'll sound like the Tiny Terror at low volumes, at best, they'll have compensated for the lack of power tubes with some kind of filter circuit. The Sansamp character series do pretty great like this and have no tubes at all. The early demos sounded pretty fizzy but it's pretty good in some of the other ones. It will be better sounding overall than the AD30VT and give you a sound you won't find on it. But it's a very basic amp.

There is no such thing as a tube watt and given it's measured in RMS it could be significantly louder than most 20 watt SS amps, and may have similar clean headroom to the Tiny Terror which tends to be the real volume limit(a cranked 5 watter can hang with many drummers).
Quote by Cathbard

"And straight into the woman's arguing technique - shaming language. The pillar of feminist rhetoric when confronting anybody that doesn't follow the PC feminist approved line of discussion."
Last edited by GURREN LAGANN at Mar 19, 2012,