i just bought a brand new ibanez rg370dx and got it setup. however whenever i use the whammy bar or move the floating trem i hear a squeaky noise? is this and issue? or is this because the guitar is new and its the sound of the springs?
Depends on where the "squeaky noise" is coming from.

If it is towards the headstock, I'd say the strings are slipping or slipping through the locknut.
Otherwise, I'd say it's most likely the springs. How many springs are in the back? Do they look relatively new or old?

Over time the springs tend to degrade in colour and become a little stiff if not always stretched and used. Someone else can try and chip in some advice too...
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
My first post in ages;
Feel privileged!

It may be the saddles, they're cheap metals on those trems, they can slip in and out of the grooves.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Get some powdered graphite and apply it to all areas where strings slide through and trem pivots and springs, like nut grooves, string saddles, trem spring anchors,etc, etc.
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Last edited by Phoenix V at Mar 18, 2012,
Or you could just draw in the slots with an ordinary pencil.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.