28 32%
Finger
7 8%
A combination of the two
41 47%
Nose
11 13%
Voters: 87.
I started out with using a plectrum, but lately, largely due to it being the preferred style of my instructor, I've been going more to finger picking.

Just out of curiosity, which do you prefer and why?
Hybrid picking brah!
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
I hate that word, plectrum.

"Hey there sexy, wanna take a gander at my plectum?"

OT: I use a pick.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by shredibanez24
Hybrid picking brah!

Did I black out or something, because that was so fast i freaked me out a little bit. your response actually appeared as I finished posting the poll.
Quote by angusfan16
I hate that word, plectrum.

"Hey there sexy, wanna take a gander at my plectum?"

OT: I use a pick.

I hate the word, too, but it is very clear what was meant, and that is why I chose it.
I like using both.
I really should lrn2fingerstyle properly though. I've built up callouses, but have no technique
Carter and Travis picking appeal to me most.
Quote by seabear70
Did I black out or something, because that was so fast i freaked me out a little bit. your response actually appeared as I finished posting the poll.

haha Idk man, I hovered over the thread so when I clicked it I just posted without reading the op tbh so it was pretty fast hahaa
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Usually fingerpicking, but if I want a better sound, I use a pick. I've started using a pick more often now due to my desire to learn tremolo picking.
Both. However, my style of fingerpicking doesn't involve the ring finger, as I was taught Scruggs style.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I use both. Depends what I'm playing. I used to play fingerstyle. Ala Tommy Emmanuel, Chet Atkins etc... But shit gets real hard real fast with Tommy Emmanuel's stuff. You get stuck on the first few notes
Quote by L2112Lif
Everything's sexy with a wink.

Example:

Wanna eat some of my pink slime?

OT: Hybrid picking, brah.

"My right eye is sewn shut!"
Jazz 3s for the majority. Fingers occasionally. I use a pick for bass most of the time too
Quote by jetfuel495
I used to use a pick exclusively but my style has been changing up recently, so I've been doing a lot of fingerpicking.

dat avatar

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
for bass, mainly fingers but i like to play with a pick (or as you called it, "plectrum") as well. picks sound great for punk & some rock, but if i'm playing something else like something jazzy or death metal i go for fingers.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
Both. But I prefer finger plucking (due to my bassist nature)

GRAY RAINBOW

I use both. I went for a long time playing folk music and now I play lots of mathrock so I need my fingers. But before that I used a pick for pretty much everything. I probably play finger picking 60% of the time.

I mainly use a pick when I'm playing electric, fingers when playing classical.

"fingerpicking" sounds retarded for some reason. It makes it sound like some kind of wacky new technique, when it's actually the first right-hand technique people used.
Mostly pick for electric. Sometimes I play with my fingers though. Acoustic with a pick, haven't really gotten into fingerstyle although I'd like to someday. And classical is all finger picking obviously. Bass is all fingers for me as well.
I have a huge fear if rays.
I did nothing but fingerpicking for years, but in the last 6 months I've started to use a pick more, and it's really developed for me. Now I'm working on hybrid picking,
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by jetfuel495
I used to use a pick exclusively but my style has been changing up recently, so I've been doing a lot of fingerpicking.

This.
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
If I'm practicing fo cereal then I'll use a pick. If I'm just lounging around with my guitar I won't even bother getting one and just Hybrid Pick/Tap.