Hi, i need a good cheap amp. I'm getting a guitar for my birthday, on october 1st. My mom or relatives aren't going to spend 100$ on a really good amp for me, especially my mom because she already bought the guitar. The max my godfather usually would pay for a gift is about 50$. Are there any Decent amps new for like 50$? I was thinking about the fender mustang but that is like 100$, and I don't know if it would be to big for my room or not. Is there maybe like a decent 15 watt amp? Otherwise I would have to wait 3 months until Christmas to get an amp. I'm getting rocksmith from my Dad, I could always use that as an amp, but it'd be a lot more convenient if I could have an actual amp so i don't always have to practice on my ps3. I can't really buy a used amp, unless they are almost always in stock. So thats why i said new. Because if it isn't in stock when they wanted to get it, they wouldn't get it.
Good and cheap generally don't go together :I i'd say practice with rocksmith ( I do too and i have way to much gear) you can get a decent sound out of it. and save up your money till you have a decent amount and buy a small marshall/ peavy/line 6 (since your just starting out i'd recomend the line 6) although later on you'd probably want something less digital
wut.
Used peavey rage, cube 15, vox pathfinder all usually run around $50, but it depends where you live.
Vox amplug is around $30 I think, but it depends where you live.
I agree. I am a beginner myself and have Rocksmith before I had a "decent" amp. Don't go cheaper than $100. Mustang 1, Peavy Spider maybe? Line 6? I think they are decent options for the price. Someone more in the know can chime in.
On Rocksmith, I would work on the games (like the duck hunt game where you find frets) and I unlocked some chord game as well. Those are very helpful. I am not sure if I find the songs too helpful but are fun.
Also, you don't necessarily need an amp for an electric guitar, the guitar itself will emit sounds as well like an acoustic (just not as rich). Seriously, save up money. You will thank us later lol.
Even at $100 you're scraping the bottom of the barrel. There's no point your family throwing money away on an amp that you'll be sick of in a week. Make-do with Rocksmith (it's not great, but it'll do) 'till Christmas, or start saving up yourself and suggest you can pay for most of the amp, so they're contributing but not having to pay for all of it. <$100 gets you sod-all in the guitar world. $100-$150 will get you an 'okay' bedroom practice amp. The smart thing to do is look at spending around $200, maybe up to $250. Yes, it seems like a lot of money, but look at it this way: buy one nice amp and you're set for a long time, at least until you start gigging. Buy a crap amp and you'll be upgrading again in six months, then buying another a while after that, and so on. You end up spending more overall and it takes you longer before you have something nice. Buying cheap is a false economy when it comes to instruments and related gear. It is always, always cheaper overall, and quicker, to wait, save up and buy something nice first time around.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Thundershock47
wait 3 months until Christmas

Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC

He's getting the guitar for his birthday in October....
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Buy a job.
It costs nothing and it requires you to work for your money.
Quote by JKHC

Good and cheap never fit together. I have a few amps but my main amp is my Vox AC4TV. On sale for $135.00, this little bastard blows my bigger amp into the want adds.
I hook it up to my Electronic Mistress and get Lesley guitar effect. You can hear it on Elton Johns music. I gig with it on a mic.
Great low price and over looked killer is the Pig Nose 20 watt Hog. Very clean and simple. A true wll blaster. Charge it up and play for six houres. Great thing when no AC is close. I play with pluged in most of the time. I got it used $25.00 mint. It was one month old. The dude took a dirt napp , and they were selling it all.
Do amps run on batteries, or can they be charged, or do they have to be plugged in always? So do you think the fender mustang 1 would be good for different types of rock? (not metal). I can get somthing else if you think i should but 100$ max
look back over the thread and read mr fibbles post. show that to your family, and they will understand, its like a camera, spending $100 will get you a disposable one, wheras 250 will get you one that will last longer and sound better. dont waste your money on something you will sell on in a month.
Quote by Lespauljames
look back over the thread and read mr fibbles post. show that to your family, and they will understand, its like a camera, spending $100 will get you a disposable one, wheras 250 will get you one that will last longer and sound better. dont waste your money on something you will sell on in a month.

I'm not going to spend 250$ on my first amp. I don't even know how to play yet, and what if after a while i decide that guitar just isn't for me? Good thing i spent 250$ on a amp a few months ago. I'm not going over 100$, even if it is a better bang for the buck.
Look at the Peavey Vypyr. That will give you the best bang for your buck and blows the Line6 Spider series out of the water. You can get the 15w version for $100 new - as low as $50 used.

I would recommend getting at least the 30w version if you can afford it. It's $200 new, but if you check your local craigslist, you may be able to pick up a used one for $100. The reason I recommend the 30w version - if you can find one in your price range - is cuz it will give you more options down the road. It comes with more effects and a midi interface for a foot switch you can purchase later. You do not get the foot switch capability with the 15w version.

I have the 15w version but don't use it anymore due to the foot switch issue. I replaced it with a Digitech RP355 processor. Which, BTW, is another option for you. The RP155 is only $100 new - and you could probably find a RP255 used for $100. You can run those through any powered speaker. I have mine currently running though my Pioneer A/V receiver and it sounds bad ass.
id get a used peavey vypyr 15 and upgrade the speaker to a jensen mod 10-50.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
^ Why upgrade the speaker in an amp like that?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
^ Why upgrade the speaker in an amp like that?

I heard the Blue Marvel speakers aren't great. Well I heard they were terrible, and they come in stock with the Peavey Vypyr series. If he's a beginner it really won't matter, as long as he has distortion

My suggestion is you get a Boss DS-1 and some headphones. If you can go a little bit higher get a Traynor DG-10. IF you can go just a little bit higher than that, a Peavey Vypyr 15. If you need to go lower, Vox Amplug+headphones, Danelectro DN-10, or a Marshall Micro Amp Stack+headphones+rechargeable 9-volt battery. (Don't assume the Marshall is good, even though a lot of artists use "Marshall" amps).

Dw my mom said she wouldn't go over 25 first, but she went to the store and ended up getting me $75, I asked the nice store manager to trick her and say it was the cheapest
dont laugh at me haha. i actually still use mine for cleans since my jet city is only ones channel. ))
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Get a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier.

Like srsly you might as well give up on guitar otherwise because gear = skill and haveing the best gear = havin the best skill.
For under 200 bucks you can get a Bugera 5 watt all tube Bugera vintage.It'll knock you outta your bedroom.dead silent when you're not touching the guitae,good reverb,tremolo.1/2 watt record line out,headohone jack.panhead291
Hey guys, I was considering a peavy vypr but I hear it is not the best unless you use distortion and are playing mostly metal.
I'm looking for more of a clean sound, punk rock, and other variations of rock, and not metal and not very much distortion either. I think i'm just going to go with the fender mustang 1, because it seems to work with more kinds of music and has alot of settings.

Since I won't be getting a guitar pack, I'm going to need to buy all the other stuff separate. I found this pack on rondo music for 20$, but it ends up being 38$ after shipping.
It comes with a bag, a tuner, a strap, a cable to put in your amp, and some picks.
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1432.html

Do you think that is worth 38$, or can you find somthing else better than includes a case tuner cable strap and picks?