Hi.

Just wanting to know what the differences are between the B-5 or B-50? I'm looking to attach one to my Fender Telecaster and I'm not bothered about which one costs more, I'm just looking for the one that is more reliable and general 'better'.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
The B-5 is the "original" and the B-50 is the import. The originals are sandcast from the original molds, while the imports are die-cast. Besides a more interesting patina and finish to the originals, and a different screw configuration/footprint, there's no discernible (to me, at least) difference in quality or function.

If you're using a Vibramate to install without drilling, you have to use the B-5.
Ok, thanks for the help.

Also, I've noticed that some teles have Fender made tremolo arms. Are there are fundamental differences between these and Bigbsy tremolos?

Thanks.
I don't think there's any difference except the F logo instead of the Bigsby.
When attempting to attach the bigsby B5 to my Fender Telecaster, I've realised that I would need a Les Paul bridge for the strings in order for the bigsby to be incorporated.

However, do you think it would be ok if instead of buying a Les Paul bridge and replacing the current bridge, rather could I raise the saddles on the current bridge of the tele and feed the strings over it like it would do over a Les Paul bridge? (Hope that makes sense!!!)

Thanks
You don't have to have a TOM bridge to use a bigsby. Some tele bridges work better than others, but if you raise the saddles and perhaps shim the neck a tad to give it a little angle, almost any tele bridge should work with a Bigsby. If you have an ashtray style plate you may need to cut out some slots for the strings to pass through.
get the one with the Fender logo or you'll suffer the curse
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by Roc8995
You don't have to have a TOM bridge to use a bigsby. Some tele bridges work better than others, but if you raise the saddles and perhaps shim the neck a tad to give it a little angle, almost any tele bridge should work with a Bigsby. If you have an ashtray style plate you may need to cut out some slots for the strings to pass through.

Ok, if this was not to work, what would I need to buy in order to replace the current bridge on the tele? Obviously a new bridge but is there anything else I need to consider??

Thanks.