A dissident
53 39%
Svoi
73 54%
Common people
7 5%
Voters: 136.
Page 1 of 2
In old soviet you pretty much had these four categories of people. Depending on your attitude towards the political discourse you could end up in one of the categories. Reading through the descriptions below, which category do you fit into? How is your attitude towards the current political discourse/ideology/state in your country/region/globally?

Activists are the people who are more or less pro-goverment and might be promoting it in some way, maybe as a job or on their spare time. They want to make people enthustiatic about work or the party, or just raise awareness for the two. They sit at the party meetings (not neccessarily participating actively) and might appoint themselves tasks like collecting the membership fees for the party. They want to expose corrupt officials by exposing those who take bribes, etc.

Dissidents are the people who aren't pro-goverments. They might protest the political discourse, loudly or silently, verbally or not. They don't go along the flow without making noise, sometimes they go against it completely, like not paying the membership for the party they're in (in soviet being in a party wasn't exactly that voluntary, and the membership fee certainly wasn't voluntary).

Svoi means "us/ours" or "those within our circle". These were the people who knew things were out of order or stupid, but didn't really want to kick up a fuss about it. They just wanted to pass through unnoticed so they could carry on with their lives, or to not cause troubles for others. For example, paying the fees for the political party was considered very unnecessary by most people, but they paid anyway just to not make a fuss, or so that the person collecting these fees wouldn't get into trouble (especially if that person was another svoi).

Common people are everyone else. Usually not very interested in politics and just do what they're told. They generally don't - unlike svoi - find many faults within the political structures, they don't give things a second thought.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Mar 18, 2012,
I pressed common but I meant svoi.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Somewhere between dissident and svoi
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I had to put myself down as a Svoi. I'm quite interested in politics but I don't consider it my call to promote my political views or act zelaously about things. I might not agree with my country's politics but I'm not protesting things all the time either. I just let things pass so I can get along with my own stuff. I'm kind of dissident but I'm slightly more svoi I think.

Quote by due 07
Dissident yo. \m/ \m/

With a Santorum avatar, I'm not surprised
Dissident. Yesterday, I had to run round a line of riot police to avoid getting kettled.

Dissident, mixed with a little Svoi.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by gabcd86
Dissident. Yesterday, I had to run round a line of riot police to avoid getting kettled.

My n-word.
dissident and a bit svoi.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by GibsonMan321
Dissident, mixed with a little Svoi.

Probably this.
While in the past, I worked as a Correctional Officer (Prison Guard), I tend to have a problem with authority.
Especially with bosses that like to micro-manage. "Just leave me the fuck alone and let me do my job."
Svoi I guess. I think that my country's politicians are mostly arseholes and idiots, but I ain't gonna do shit beyond shouting at the TV.
I am a comrade. All other peoples are capitalist pigs.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Dissident, occasionally leaning towards svoi.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Definitely a dissident. I refuse to take things that are forced upon me.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
lol no acivists
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Some of both Svoi and Dissident. I have my criticisms and I'm not afraid to voice them, but I'm fairly moderate and pragmatic when it comes to action.
Dissident. LIKE A BOSS
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I gotta be honest, I expected atleast one activist
svoi. i know what's right and wrong, but idgaf. i can't bring myself to get mad over politics, or anything for that matter.
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Common person. I really don't want to politics.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Pink Floyd

#Ziggy2017
Quote by Kensai
I gotta be honest, I expected atleast one activist

Nossie hasn't been on in months and Ethan is probably tired after a long day at Church.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Svoi, but its more that I don't think my bitching will make a difference, rather than not wanting to cause a fuss. Though I'm not dissatisfied enough to be a dissident.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Probably svoi. Dissidents are the ones that get shot, and I can't say the idea resonates with me.
Check out my band Disturbed
It was rather intimidating to click the first option.

I AM THE 1%
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Svoi.

I hate politics, and I loathe the bunch of morons in every major political party in this country.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Look at the number of us who are against the current system. We should like totally consider an armed revolution.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
I'm pro-government when the government is right and anti-government when the government is wrong.
Page 1 of 2