Page 1 of 45
Okay, so, the Club Football thread is incredibly quick, so it's hard to talk about MLS in there. Posts just get buried overnight really easily, so here's an MLS thread! Trash talk, talk about matches, etc here!

Welcome and enjoy!
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Last edited by DimebagLivesOn at Aug 30, 2013,
Woo! I hope this makes it to two pages.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Woo! Soccer!
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I'm North American and have the sense to realize that the MLS blows in comparison to European leagues.
Quote by element4433
Woo! I hope this makes it to two pages.

I'm pretty sure this thread will attract some regs that thought the other one was only Club Football.
Quote by lolmnt
I'm European and I approve of this. Keeps you out of our thread
The main difference, I've noticed, about MLS and EPL football is when I watched a video of Beckham getting heckled whilst taking a corner. The Americans were throwing toilet paper at him whilst chanting, "Beeecckkk-haaammmm, Beeecckkk-haaammmm". The difference being, in England, this would have been people throwing coins at him and shouting obscenities at him. America, you boring.

lol soccer.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by Soccerguy
I'm North American and have the sense to realize that the MLS blows in comparison to European leagues.

Doesn't mean it's not worth watching.
Quote by Trowzaa
The main difference, I've noticed, about MLS and EPL football is when I watched a video of Beckham getting heckled whilst taking a corner. The Americans were throwing toilet paper at him whilst chanting, "Beeecckkk-haaammmm, Beeecckkk-haaammmm". The difference being, in England, this would have been people throwing coins at him and shouting obscenities at him. America, you boring.

Bet that wasn't Seattle
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by Trowzaa
Boring? At the USL games I go to we chant obscenities and throw things at the other team's keeper. Such a volume of things that the league cracked down on our supporter's section.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Sounders FC w00p w00p!

I don't really follow MLS, but sometimes watch it with irl's if they wanna. Maybe I'll start watching games w/ a bit more frequency.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Bet that wasn't Seattle

Googled it, it was Toronto
Question, why is a Canadian team in the MLS league? Is it all of North America? I assumed it was just USA teams.

Quote by element4433
Boring? At the USL games I go to we chant obscenities and throw things at the other team's keeper. Such a volume of things that the league cracked down on our supporter's section.

You'd fit in nicely in England.

I've been wanting to go to an MLS game, but most of my friends are soccer haters so no one will go with me.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by due 07
Sounders FC w00p w00p!

I don't really follow MLS, but sometimes watch it with irl's if they wanna. Maybe I'll start watching games w/ a bit more frequency.
Sounders and not Timbers?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by due 07
Sounders FC w00p w00p!

We should go to a game since we never went to that Laura Stevenson concert. Going to a Seattle game is insane, it was deafeningly loud last night at the opener.

And right after we got out of a sports bar to head to the stadium the March was passing by

Quote by thefuzz454
I've been wanting to go to an MLS game, but most of my friends are soccer haters so no one will go with me.

What about family? I've only gone to two games, both with my family.

Quote by Trowzaa
Question, why is a Canadian team in the MLS league? Is it all of North America? I assumed it was just USA teams.

There are 3 Canadian teams. MLS stands for "Major League Soccer", so it's not solely American teams, just like Major League Baseball.
Quote by lolmnt
Last edited by DimebagLivesOn at Mar 18, 2012,
Quote by Trowzaa

You'd fit in nicely in England.
There's three Canadian teams. Most sports leagues here are USA and a few Canadian teams.

And that's the nicest thing anybody has ever said.
Quote by thefuzz454
Once you get them to go to one game, they'll want to go again and again. Soccer, like all sports, is much better live than it is on TV. There's nothing like the atmosphere at a soccer game.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Once you get them to go to one game, they'll want to go again and again. Soccer, like all sports, is much better live than it is on TV. There's nothing like the atmosphere at a soccer game.

I'm in Dallas for most of the MLS season, so that's where I'd be going for games. Their crowds usually pretty sparse but I looked at the highlights from their game yesterday and the crowd looked pretty good. I've watched Sounders games though and that atmosphere rivals any other in pro sports.

I'll have to keep working on them, maybe entice them with a few stadium beers or something.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
I have a friend that's covering Dallas. He watches from the press box.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by thefuzz454
I'm in Dallas for most of the MLS season, so that's where I'd be going for games. Their crowds usually pretty sparse but I looked at the highlights from their game yesterday and the crowd looked pretty good. I've watched Sounders games though and that atmosphere rivals any other in pro sports.

I'll have to keep working on them, maybe entice them with a few stadium beers or something.

Going to a Sounders game is absolutely incredible. I've never been to any other MLS stadium, but it's obvious how much better the crowd is at a Sounders game than most other (if not all) stadiums.

We even have a band!

Quote by lolmnt
To be fair, I'd probably watch MLS if I had a channel that would play it. I watch Serie A occasionally on ESPN, just because it's on.

Quote by Trowzaa
To be fair, I'd probably watch MLS if I had a channel that would play it. I watch Serie A occasionally on ESPN, just because it's on.

There are streams of most matches now it seems, just a matter of tracking them down. Isn't too hard in my experience, though. The timezones might kinda bite you in the ass, though.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
There are streams of most matches now it seems, just a matter of tracking them down. Isn't too hard in my experience, though. The timezones might kinda bite you in the ass, though.

Hardly, my sleeping patterns buggered already
The streaming site I use is saying it's LA Galaxy vs DC United tomorrow? I may watch that if I can be arsed.

EDIT: Oh no, it's saying it's on now Nevermind.

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Going to a Sounders game is absolutely incredible. I've never been to any other MLS stadium, but it's obvious how much better the crowd is at a Sounders game than most other (if not all) stadiums.

We even have a band!

That's why I support the Sounders. You can feel the energy through the TV.
Quote by Trowzaa
There's good soccer played. I mean, the talent is higher in the Premier League, but it's the same game.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
There's good soccer played. I mean, the talent is higher in the Premier League, but it's the same game.

Aye, I imagine MLS quality is probably around League One/3rd tier of English football level. Maybe higher. What I'm seeing is entertaining though so no quarrels from me.

Quote by wizards?

Not bad!
Quote by Trowzaa
Hardly, my sleeping patterns buggered already
The streaming site I use is saying it's LA Galaxy vs DC United tomorrow? I may watch that if I can be arsed.

EDIT: Oh no, it's saying it's on now Nevermind.

Fair enough

I've used this site before for streams, it's pretty good:
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/

Also this one is supposed to be good:

http://livetv.ru/en/allupcomingsports/1/
Quote by element4433
That's why I support the Sounders. You can feel the energy through the TV.There's good soccer played. I mean, the talent is higher in the Premier League, but it's the same game.

Drew Carey was 100% the guy behind the Sound Wave, our band. So cool to have stuff like this going on.

I'll post a couple more pictures from yesterday, lemme get them off my phone.
Quote by lolmnt
Yeah, firstrow's what I use too, it's pretty much perfect

Lovely goal from Galaxy there, classic Beckham assist.

Last edited by Trowzaa at Mar 18, 2012,
He's playing this week and not bitching to the refs the whole time?
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by jetfuel495
Yeah Houston Dynamos!

And Chicago Fire!

Sounders are okay too!

Friday's going to be entertaining

Here are a couple more pictures from yesterday:

March to the Match.

View from my seat of the opening ceremony. Of course almost all of those empty seats were filled eventually.

(closed eyes) Swag.
Quote by lolmnt
I hope that the opening ceremony was just because it was the first day of the season?
Also, how does the league work in America? I noticed there's a Northern/Southern league.

Quote by Trowzaa
I hope that the opening ceremony was just because it was the first day of the season?
Also, how does the league work in America? I noticed there's a Northern/Southern league.

Yes, yes, of course

There's an eastern and a western division. There's a regular season from March to October, then the playoffs. Pretty straightforward.

Quote by jetfuel495
I watched the highlights you showed me, watching Seattle is really entertaining. Crowd is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1py_zK6d6M
Quote by lolmnt
I haven't been fanatic about any particular team since the days of Carlos Valderrama but I watch.

I guess the Union are cool. Their build up play was real dece from what I saw today.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Yes, yes, of course

There's an eastern and a western division. There's a regular season from March to October, then the playoffs. Pretty straightforward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1py_zK6d6M

Eastern/Western, I meant that I get confused cos there's the Conference North and Conference South here. Never understood the American concept of playoffs though, a playoff here means the teams that are (usually) 3rd to 6th play against each other to see who's promoted to the next tier.

Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I haven't been fanatic about any particular team since the days of Carlos Valderrama but I watch.

I guess the Union are cool. Their build up play was real dece from what I saw today.

Valderrama The greatest hair and moustache on any player ever.

I like the Union.

The first Orlando City match of this year was a friendly against them. We tied it in the last minute of stoppage time.

So many stranger hugs.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

^ Dayum, that sounds crazy.
Quote by Trowzaa
Eastern/Western, I meant that I get confused cos there's the Conference North and Conference South here. Never understood the American concept of playoffs though, a playoff here means the teams that are (usually) 3rd to 6th play against each other to see who's promoted to the next tier.

We don't have tiers like you guys do, once you're in the league, you're in it unless your team goes bankrupt or something.

The playoffs are kinda weird. There's a wild card spot for each division, and then a few matches that go off of aggregate.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/mlscup/2011/playoffschedule
Quote by lolmnt
Last edited by DimebagLivesOn at Mar 18, 2012,
We have tiers, sort of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Soccer_Pyramid#Men
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
^ Dayum, that sounds crazy.
We won the championship in PKs. And beat Newcastle in a friendly in the last couple of minutes.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano