Anyone have much opinion on these? Are they worth looking at? I see them pop up on Craigslist every so often for around $300-$500ish. Are they worth that? I'm not really in the market for a Stingray or anything but if these are a good equivalent for a few hundred bucks why not!
Yes--they are really worth about 300 USD. IDK about 500 though. They were made by EB and quite good.
SUBs were made by EBMM from 2003 to 2006. They were intended to be a more mid-range-priced bass, a stripped down Stingray with a tough textured finish and painted necks (so they didn't have to apply the usual Stingray oil finish). They were made in the same factory as all other Musicman guitars and basses, and were intended to be more affordable Stingray (and Sterling in the case of the SUB Sterling) without sacrificing or compromising quality.

$300 is a pretty good price on one nowadays. SUBs have experienced a bit of a price increase on the used market, probably a case of best-kept-secret turned popular-bang-for-your-buck. IMO they're comparable to a Stingray sound-wise, though the bed-liner finishes are an acquired taste.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Good deal. I saw one a few weeks ago on Craigslist for $350 with case, but had never really given much thought to it.

What about an OLP? I see those pop up here and there. They always put in their descriptions they are like Stingrays but cheaper? Have any opinions on those??

Thanks for the answers. I'm more of a Fender guy as you can tell
Quote by clokwise
What about an OLP? I see those pop up here and there. They always put in their descriptions they are like Stingrays but cheaper? Have any opinions on those??

OLP's were the original budget line, they were licensed to produce Musicman copies and import them from the far east. QC is on them is supposed to be hit or miss, I've played a few pretty awful ones, but some people seem to come across nicer ones that they hot-rod. It might be worth looking into if you find one really really cheap, but you'd probably be better off getting your hands on a SUB or a newer Sterling by Musicman Ray34 or SB14 at a good price.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
OLP is a funny brand. Ive seen them do Stingers, Spectors and a few other oddities. I think they were more a contractor for the larger companies to make their "Squiers". Haven't seen any new ones for a while though.
I rather my SBMM Ray34CA over one of the old S.U.Bs. They're pretty much flawless.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
OLP is a funny brand. Ive seen them do Stingers, Spectors and a few other oddities. I think they were more a contractor for the larger companies to make their "Squiers".

IIRC OLP was owned by Hanser Holdings (BC Rich, Traben, Kustom, and Michael Kelly), they licensed brand names to make cheaper versions in China. OLP actually stands for "Officially Licensed Product."
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass