Hi all looking for some advice on pedals.

I am in a band and we have decided to downsize our pedalboards so that it is easier to carry for practices and gigs etc.

My current pedals are:

Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Ibanez TS9DX Tube Screamer
Boss GE7
Boss NS2
Boss DD3

The other guitarist has these:

ISP Decimator
Ibanez TS9DX Tube Screamer

Firstly we are unsure about buying extra pedals as it could make our tone too different from each others'. We are both using 6505 heads so I don't think it will be too much of an issue but still I would like some info.

I am probably going to sell the GE7 as it doesn't do much to alter the tone of my amp, a Peavey 6505. I may also sell my Crybaby From Hell as I don't use wah very much in this band.

Now, in terms of what I would like. Some kind of chorus pedal would be good, as well as possibly a flanger/phaser or some kind of reverb. I may also buy a new wah if I sell my old one, I have been looking at Morley Bad Horsie 2 which looks great.

I would also consider something to use as a boost for solos and leads, just as like a volume booster.

If anyone has any general advice for what pedals I should/should not go for for my band setup lease let me know, we play metalcore with some technical and melodic elements.

Thanks!
Last edited by Random3 at Mar 18, 2012,
Quote by darkwolf291
You WANNA sound different from each other...You want tones that are different, but compliment each other.
Both guitarists having the same tone doesn't sound very good

Right well we are both using 6505 heads, I have a 1960AV cab and the other guitarist has a 1960A cab so basically exactly the same amp. We plan on using the same settings as each other too.

Surely that will sound more uniform than each of us doing our own thing? I can understand maybe one of us having slightly less mids or something depending on the stage or whatever, but could you shed some more light please
Quote by darkwolf291
You WANNA sound different from each other...You want tones that are different, but compliment each other.
Both guitarists having the same tone doesn't sound very good

this

but it's your band, man. that's just some good advice

as far as advice relevant to your inquiries, i would say a chorus pedal would be a killer investment. i don't play anything super heavy but i rock a dunlop mxr micro chorus. for the money, the thing's amazing. i would highly recommend it personally. if not that, definitely check out some other chorus pedals because chorus is an amazing effect.
Quote by assparade69
this

but it's your band, man. that's just some good advice

as far as advice relevant to your inquiries, i would say a chorus pedal would be a killer investment. i don't play anything super heavy but i rock a dunlop mxr micro chorus. for the money, the thing's amazing. i would highly recommend it personally. if not that, definitely check out some other chorus pedals because chorus is an amazing effect.

Thanks I'll check it out, I've been looking at various Boss ones on eBay but I'll have a look for this one.