Sorry in advance if there is a thread on this but I couldn't find any.

Just found out tribes 2 and Mechwarrior 4 have been re-released as free online games to any anywhere. I'm incredibly stoked for these games to possibly resurface.

Any other old games anyone know of that are in a similar situation of coming back for free?
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LotRO
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by MattsRichardson
Mechwarrior 4

Really? Sick. I know they're rebooting Baldur's Gate soon, but I don't know in what capacity.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Heroes of Might & Magic III should become freeware even though it practically is
Quote by kaptkegan
Really? Sick. I know they're rebooting Baldur's Gate soon, but I don't know in what capacity.

I remember hearing a rumour that the mechwarrior franchise was getting a reboot a few years back, but it's been all silence since then.
Quote by MattsRichardson
Just found out tribes 2 and Mechwarrior 4 have been re-released as free online games to any anywhere.

God damn, there's some nostalgia. Is anyone playing them? When my workload lessens I'll try and download them.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I heard Fallout 1 and 2 may get this treatment at some point but I'm not sure. Would be great though.
Quote by WCPhils
My prayers are with you and your balls TS

Quote by jetfuel495
I ran out of chicken nuggets.

When will this misery end.
Quote by chriscobonham
I heard Fallout 1 and 2 may get this treatment at some point but I'm not sure. Would be great though.

I've also heard Fallout 4 murmurings, but its gonna be like 5 years (especially since everyone's downsizing). I'd sort of prefer they just do 4, get a new engine up and running, then do the report. The old engine's starting to look pretty dated. Doesn't hinder my enjoyment, but it'd be nice to have some new eye candy in the Fallout series.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

You guys can play tribes ascend if you like tribes. It's in open beta right now and it's amazing.
Tribes Ascend is in open beta right now I think. Mechwarrior online only has screenshots so far but will be using the CryEngine 3
Last edited by metaldud536 at Mar 19, 2012,
Elder Scrolls 1 and 2 are both free now from Bethesda's site. You need a DOS emulator to play them though.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by metaldud536
First, the new titles are called Tribes Ascend and MechWarrior Online.

Tribes Ascend is in open beta right now I think. Mechwarrior online only has screenshots so far but will be using the CryEngine 3

Mechwarrior online gameplay trailer.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Mechwarrior online gameplay trailer.

Oh. My. God.

EDIT:
"Baulder's Gate Thread"

Well would you look at that.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

Last edited by kaptkegan at Mar 19, 2012,