So I'm buying a new guitar, and have no idea where to start, and wondered if anyone on UG could help me ! I don't know very much about pick ups and such.

I've mostly played rock and metal, and have an Ibanez RG2610e. I'm looking for a guitar that fits good for different styles, but is still decent to play rock and metal. I'm not interested in a guitar with FR or similar, and i'm not spending more than 1350$, and want a best possible guitar for that price. Any suggestions ? Thanks !

Sorry if my English isn't perfect, i'm Norwegian.
If you've already got a super strat (in the form of your Ibanez RG) then maybe you would like to try something a bit different for some versatility? E.g. look into getting a Les Paul style guitar like an Epiphone or a LTD Eclipse (or EC model or whatever it's called). Or maybe even a PRS SE or something?

When you say you're Norwegian, do you actually live in Norway then? I only ask cause it'll make it a bit easier to recommend things if we can work out what you've got access to, how much things cost where you are, etc
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Hmmmmmmmm......if u want another Ibanez u can have a look at premium/prestige series.........as you said rock and metal also look at ESP LTD deluxe series see this one.

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/mh-1000fr.html (with FR).

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/ec-1000fm.html (LP style).

i also think u hav got a nice guitar so look for a tube amp(a decent one will come in ur price range)....

PS-Also search for other similar "which guitar to buy" threads on UG/Google as there are many of them
Gear:-
ESP LTD M-50.
Roland Cube20XL.
Warwick Rockbass Corvette Classic 5-String.
Warwick BC-40 Bass Amp.
Morley Power Wah.
EHX Big Muff.
Maybe a Gibson Studio? What's available to you? What sites can you order from?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Thanks for the suggestions ! And yes, I live in Norway. The thing is that i'm going to New York in a couple of weeks, and thinking about buying a guitar there, since it's alot cheaper than buying one in Norway. So I guess I can get whatever is avaliable there :P
So I don't really think I'm going to order a guitar online, but buying one from a shop in NY. And yes, I've also considered something Les Paul'ish, or even maybe a Fender Telecaster. But it's really hard to judge these guitars without trying them, I'm just trying to find out what to look for when I'm going to New York.
Quote by Kristiansd92
Thanks for the suggestions ! And yes, I live in Norway. The thing is that i'm going to New York in a couple of weeks, and thinking about buying a guitar there, since it's alot cheaper than buying one in Norway. So I guess I can get whatever is avaliable there :P
It may seem like buying a guitar in America will be cheaper, but you'll have to pay a lot of import fees when you bring it back. Import fees can total anything between 7% of the guitar's value up to 80%. Usually it's around 30%. So a guitar that is normally US$1300 will end up being close to US$1700. Or it could be a bit less, or it could be much more. So think carefully before you try and bring a guitar back and be prepared to spend a lot more. Usually it's not any cheaper than if you just bought a guitar at home.

Very rarely you can bring a guitar back and get it through customs without paying extra fees and taxes, but this is very rare and totally luck. It's not something you should rely on.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.