So, I'm turning 18 next month (yay) and with my birthday money, I'd like to switch out the pickups in my Ibanez RGA7 (they're actives) and I want your personal opinion.

I want EMG's, and that's what I'm going with, but I don't know whether or not to get both 707's, or a 707 in the neck, and an 81-7 in the bridge.

I quite like Suicide Silence and Periphery, and my style of playing revolves around that (I'm not the greatest guitar player, but once I get my life together, I'll dedicate more time to it. At least once I graduate highschool.)

All help would be appreciated, thank you very much.
My Gear:
- 1958 Korina Epiphone Explorer
- Peavey Vypyr 30W
- Behringer Ultra Metal UM300 Distortion Pedal
- GarageTone Axle Grease Delay Pedal
- Ernie Ball Super Slinky (9 - 42)
- Snarling Dog Brain picks
- PlanetWaves cables
It's not really worth going to the expense and trouble of installing different active pickups with your current amp - they're not going to give you any of the advantages people use them for.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Although I agree with steven seagull, if you're really set on pickups, I'd get an 81-7 for the bridge. A 707 could get a little muddy since your guitar is mahogany.

If you're buying new, you may want to consider the 81-7X/60-7X combo. I'm not sure how long the 60-7 has been out, let alone the X version, but the X's will play a lot nicer with your amp. And when you upgrade to a nicer amp, they'll also benefit even more there.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Mar 19, 2012,