Hey guys. I have some sort of green mold on my frets that built up. What would be the best way to clean it? I tried just taking a tissue, it got some of green off but didn't work that well.

Looks more like oxidation than mold...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Looks more like oxidation than mold...

I second that.

Take the string and see if it'll wipe off. If not, try neck oil (not sure of appropriate type for maple) or if necessary, methylated spirits (trust me)
Yeah, it's just oxidation. I would recommend using grade 0000 steel wool to rub it off and to make the frets looks shiny and new. You can use the steel wool to remove dirt from the fingerboard too, just make sure to go along with the grain of the wood. Be sure to cover up the pickups because it will create some metallic dust.
A good oil they sell at most guitar stores is called AxWax, and it's safe to use on all woods. It helps prevent and treat fret oxidation.

Dr. Ducks ax wax.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by AsslessChaps
Yeah, it's just oxidation. I would recommend using grade 0000 steel wool to rub it off and to make the frets looks shiny and new. You can use the steel wool to remove dirt from the fingerboard too, just make sure to go along with the grain of the wood. Be sure to cover up the pickups because it will create some metallic dust.

DO NOT use steel wool on a finished maple fretboard, it will ruin the clear. Rosewood and ebony boards are fine, because they're raw wood. Steel wool does work wonders on the frets though, as long as you mask off the rest of the board first.