I'm looking to sell this bootiful antique but i have no idea what to ask for...

- It's a Montarbo Trio Mosfet keyboard amp from late 70s/ early 80s (1982 i think),
- 75W if i'm not mistaken
- A new version goes for around 210 euros used
- one hell of a Reverb from Accutronics
- the sound has probably seen better days but it works just fine

(Invalid img)

Any idea? Internet has nothing on this model because obviously it didn't exist in those day.
Does it's age increase its value at all?
Without looking into that particular amp, just going off a no-name solid state amp from the seventies:

That's not really gonna be too desirable to be honest. You may be able to get a little cash from someone for various reasons, but I think the general consensus will be that its almost worthless. Sorry.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
i imagine about 100 euros if youre lucky, if it was say a marshall or a mesa amp then maybe more but its a cheap keyboard amp and its not going to be much
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by tubetime86
Without looking into that particular amp, just going off a no-name solid state amp from the seventies:

That's not really gonna be too desirable to be honest. You may be able to get a little cash from someone for various reasons, but I think the general consensus will be that its almost worthless. Sorry.

This, trying to sell old amps with no information on them, or selling price, makes them practically worthless. People want the well known amps from the past, not all the unknown amps, even if they do sound good.
The only old amps that increase in value with age are sought after classics and normally tube ones (old JTM45's, Twins, AC30's, etc). Even original JC120's which are a highly sought after SS amp aren't worth more than later examples of the same amp.
It's not an amp that I have ever heard of (for what that's worth) so I'd be surprised if age will do anything but decrease its value.
Take from that what you will; maybe in some countries it was more well known and holds some mystique but none that I'm aware of.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Montarbo is actually very high end.
I know it's not well known outside of Italy but it's a company that produces all sorts of speakers, a lot of which easily go for 1000 euro here...

(Also i'm selling off eBay)

edit: thanks for the quick replies, i'm hoping to gain as much as possible from it :/
Last edited by Basti95 at Mar 19, 2012,
i have a few japanese combo amps from the '60s that aren't worth much but good for teh lulz
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
I'd just try to get some offers on it without giving up a price. Who knows, there may be some guy out there that gigged with one for twenty years and lost it in a fire and now you have the last one in existence and he wants a vehicle for drives down memory lane. I doubt it though.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I could really use the money. Would it be bad if i sold it at say, 400 on eBay and saw if anyone took the bait?
Some people really dig the vintagey stuff
I'd say you'd be a dick to try that... But someone would have to be an idiot to buy it anyway... So that's kind of their problem.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quite. I'm already a dick because someone just gave it to me (don't judge ok?), so i might as well go the whole 9 yards

I just really want to put all my junk together to get as close to 600 as possible. I'm stuck with an MT2, Frontmen 15G and 65R and this. I don't really want to give away my EHX small clone either. Yelp
I heard selling drugs can be very profitable.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
True dat.
But srsly i'm sick of having crap gear. I really, REALLY need a new amp.

I sincerely hope eBay is full of total chumps, I don't care they should know better.
My sincere hope is you sell it for the $400 you want... Only to find out it is in fact priceless, and could be sold for millions.

That way you are happy (briefly) as is the universe. Gotta keep both happy.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!

Just having fun of course. I have no problems with you getting what you want, so long as you're honest about it. Good luck!
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
so long as you're honest about it.

que?

haha thanks mate, i'll report back once i do something about it. Hopefully i'll have a non-crap amplifier soon enough.
LOL just managed to sell it for 120 E.

Not bad, considering i got it free *evil laugh*