Hey guys, how's it going?
So recently I've been getting this a lot in my country, it's all cool with the US and Europe from what I've gathered (I'm in Europe atm doing it actually).

What is your mindset on solo artists as in say Joe Satriani or Buckethead or Gilbert playing without a band. just them (With backing tracks!)

I'll tell a funny story later on I gotta run for now
Last edited by Vendetta V at Mar 19, 2012,
Quote by frankv
Guitar solos often sound shitty without some music behind it. I'm sure all those players are capable enough to get something good out of it though.

Heartbreaker.
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها
It would get very boring very quickly, hence why those three artists play with their own backing bands
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by Talk Box
Heartbreaker.
Check to the Mate, biatch!
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
The guitar solo is the worst part of "Heartbreaker". Point proven.

To answer the question, I wouldn't really wanna see someone playing to backing tracks, but I wouldn't really wanna see the cats mentioned in OP either way.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Mar 19, 2012,
I have a hard time buying the whole "artist playing with a band but calling the artist his name only" unless there's a logic reason to it, for example if the artist started off on his own and then put together a band after a few albums or so. Otherwise I just find it weird and narcisstic. Even though the singer is writing everything why not just let those who play it live/recorded be a part of the name?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Well, if it's just him and a backing track, then I guess it's probably cheaper than hiring a band.
On the downside, it means that any screwup is all his fault.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Would it not be really lame if it was only them? If it's just backing tracks you've pretty much gotten rid of any live performance dynamics and whatnot.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by ChrisBW
Would it not be really lame if it was only them? If it's just backing tracks you've pretty much gotten rid of any live performance dynamics and whatnot.

You could have strippers instead.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You could have strippers instead.

This man knows where it's at.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
I'm cool with it. As long as they're good players (such as the 3 you mentioned) I see nothing wrong with it. I guess it could seem more 'alive' with real people, but whatever.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10