If I pull the headphone jack slightly out of my ipod it makes pretty much any song instrumental. Don't get me wrong, the sound quality goes on to become pretty shoddy, but there is usually no trace of any vocal track in the song, at all.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is my iPod a master of Black Magic? I can't understand how it's possible.

EXPLAIN.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite
If I pull the headphone jack slightly out of my ipod it makes pretty much any song instrumental. Don't get me wrong, the sound quality goes on to become pretty shoddy, but there is usually no trace of any vocal track in the song, at all.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is my iPod a master of Black Magic? I can't understand how it's possible.

EXPLAIN.

I don't know how it happens but when my old headphones broke, every song was like that. The sound quality was kinda shitty and there was no vocals.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
My laptop used to do this when I plugged it into my speakers. Then it just stopped. Probably wasn't a great idea to open a karaoke bar based on that
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
If you want to know why it happens, I *think* I can help:

Your headphones have three contacts - left, right, and a common ground. (So the circuit for the right speaker goes from right > speaker > ground, likewise for the left speaker.)

I suspect what happens when you partially unplug them is that the ground disconnects before the others. Since what you are hearing is the (voltage) difference between the left/right and the ground, yet the the ground is now disconnected and so floats at a voltage between the right and left, all you are hearing is the difference between the two channels.

Since the vocals are almost always panned central, there is no difference between l & r channels, therefore with the plug partially out, you hear no vocals!
Quote by the_lowlifer

Your headphones have three contacts - left, right, and a common ground. (So the circuit for the right speaker goes from right > speaker > ground, likewise for the left speaker.)

I suspect what happens when you partially unplug them is that the ground disconnects before the others. Since what you are hearing is the (voltage) difference between the left/right and the ground, yet the the ground is now disconnected and so floats at a voltage between the right and left, all you are hearing is the difference between the two channels.

Since the vocals are almost always panned central, there is no difference between l & r channels, therefore with the plug partially out, you hear no vocals!

thas
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by the_lowlifer

ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Do this with The World at Large by Modest Mouse. I love the trippy, stripped down sound it has
Quote by WCPhils
My prayers are with you and your balls TS

Quote by jetfuel495
I ran out of chicken nuggets.

When will this misery end.
Quote by Vauxite
(Invalid img)If I pull the headphone jack slightly out of my ipod it makes pretty much any song instrumental. Don't get me wrong, the sound quality goes on to become pretty shoddy, but there is usually no trace of any vocal track in the song, at all.

EXPLAIN.

there is usually no trace of any vocal track in the song, at all.
Since the vocals are almost always panned central, there is no difference between l & r channels, therefore with the plug partially out, you hear no vocals!(Invalid img)
My MP3 pretty much does this automatically because it's output jack is broken. It sounds really far away, unless I get the the headphones plugged in just right.
RIP Adam
Quote by HowSoonisNow
Thanks, now I can finally listen to Dream Theater

Its still early but thats the burn of the day so far. few comments make me actually lol but very nice ...very nice indeed.
Knowledge is power
Quote by Sharkdriver
Since the vocals are almost always panned central, there is no difference between l & r channels, therefore with the plug partially out, you hear no vocals!(Invalid img)

THAT INCLUDES YOU YOU LITTLE FUCKER!
Whoomit's war on spambots continues
Quote by WCPhils
My prayers are with you and your balls TS

Quote by jetfuel495
I ran out of chicken nuggets.

When will this misery end.
Quote by chriscobonham
Whoomit's war on spambots continues

I've spotted like 5 of the buggers today and they infuriate me!