I know they're are a million if these (half from myself) but before I go trhough with my amp I have in mind I want to get one last forum opinion. So briefly Budget: $1000 used Head (tube) Location: US I'll do the shopping

I love tone but I also play a wide range of styles so bare with me. Clean somewhat important not really Classic Rock. ACDC Zeppelin etc Hard/Hair Rock. GNR Motley Crue Skd Row Ozzy/Sabbath etc Metal. Metallica Megadeth Pantera (not really into modern metal tones)

I don't mind using something like a Tube Screamerbut I want most of the ddistortion from the amp. Reverb not a must. Fx Loop is a must.

I'm really a fan of setting my tone and leaving it and I love to control my tone from my feet more so a great footswitch is a big plus. Thanks also if you have any recommendation outside my budget please share lol. Thanks. Ifi dont gget any ideas I'm going ft Marshall tsl so opinions in that wwould be great too.
ENGL, Egnater, PRS, or Orange. I guess I would take these over a Marshall personal preference. Orange is top of my list.
Quote by COREYTAYLOR721
ENGL, Egnater, PRS, or Orange. I guess I would take these over a Marshall personal preference. Orange is top of my list.

Can u be more specific with models. ENGL i didn't really like the tone (too modern) Egnater i can't do metal with from what i've seen their more blues country area. Ive never heard of PRS amps so ill check them out. And i was looking at Orange alot and almost bought a Rocker 30 but it didnt have a fx loop or reverb while the TSL did plus the extra channel as is around $200 cheaper.
Thunder or Fireball ENGL, However, all of these amps will do Zeppelin the way I see it. Jack White played a Fender head try any of those? Super sonics are awesome.
Egnaters can do metal. Look at the Armageddon and the Vengeance.

I'd also look at the following:

EVH 5150 III 50w
Jet City Amplification JCA100H or JCA50H
Mesa Boogie Stiletto, Rectifier, Tremoverb, Mark III, Mark IV
Splawn Quickrod
ENGL Screamer, Fireball
Marshall JCM 800 KK
Peavey Butcher, 6505, 6534+, 3120, XXX II
Randall MTS, RM100
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
+1 for Engl, pricey but well built. I have had an Engl 570se preamp for around 4 years and have not had a problem with it yet. If you like the tone from a peavey 6505+ I can say that they are reliable too and cost less. Either way good luck!
Quote by Michael Quillen
+1 for Engl, pricey but well built. I have had an Engl 570se preamp for around 4 years and have not had a problem with it yet. If you like the tone from a peavey 6505+ I can say that they are reliable too and cost less. Either way good luck!

Attack of the wild necrobumper!
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Marshall DSL or Laney VH100. Either one will nail what you want to do.

If you get the Marshall, you'll probably want to look into getting the footswitch mod which lets you switch between the clean and the low gain channel. Those are really the two shining points of the amp, it's a damn shame they're not foot-switchable stock. The low gain channel can almost nail a JCM800 tone, just FYI. It's really good if you dial it in right.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Raijouta
Egnaters can do metal. Look at the Armageddon and the Vengeance.

Even my Rebel does metal with a boost or high output pickups.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Egnater will absolutely do metal with a boost. My favorite metal tone I ever had was from my rebel 20.
Pm me if you've got some pedals to sell
Quote by Raijouta
Attack of the wild necrobumper!

This is the 3rd thread I've seen him res today. Never offers any explanation, I'd say a warning/ban would work but
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Mesa Stiletto

only 2 channels, but with an FX loop. Cleans are great and it screams amazingly, will get you a kind of british crunch but US high gain sounds too. Its supposed to be Mesa's take on a hot rodded Marshall but its still American voiced
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by Michael Quillen

*reported*