I'm 1 of 2 guitarists in a post-hardcore (heavily influenced by A Day To Remember & Rise Against) band & i was just wondering what effects pedals are best for my genre?

As the technically worse player of the 2 guitarists, i feel i need some stuff what can really bring out full power chords & pinch harmonics as well as being able to shred solos (we have currently written 2 or 3 guitar duets instead of solos)

I'm currently using a Cort X2 (crap i know) but i'm looking into a Schecter or something with high-output so pedals that wrok nicely with EMGS/blackouts would be awesome

thanks (:
get a maxon od808 overdrive, and just use the distortion from your amp. bbe maximizer+boss noise suppressor is always good.
same ! although i play bass, and were more la dispute/touche amore influence. my guitarist uses a fender mexican tele it sound pretty good, especially in the clean parts. not sure what amp though sorry
Right, well there should be more than enough in that to give you the p-hc sound you are after, I have never used one but I gather it has 5150/6505 modeling.

Il give you my honest advice, and I doubt you will like it... but I really am trying to help.
Dont waste money on effects to cover up crappy gear - If I was you I would invest in a solid guitar and learn how to tweak the amp to get the sound your after, but if you are playing in a band, presumably with a drummer, a 15w SS amp isnt going to cut it.

Bands like RA use very few effects so a decent amp with a nice gain channel is all you really need - and then of course as you have mentioned, work on your technical ability.
For some RA tone, get a 800 and crank the hell out of it. Actually tim uses a jcm 900 but the 800 has a much better tone and with a boost, you'll have more than enough gain.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by squirrel1251
Peavey Vypyr 15 :P

Pedals won't do jack for you. You need a better amp - that's the bottom line. Piling stuff on top of crap won't equate to good. Get a 6505+ 112 instead of that Schecter. Your tone will improve exponentially. Using a nice guitar into a cheap amp will only improve your tone slightly.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Get a 6505+ 112 instead of that Schecter.

This right here is a very, very good idea.
the Peavey i'm using is actually really loud seeing as its a 15w & atm im using it on a clean channel with a really shitty £5 distortion pedal that to be honest i really hate. I only suggested getting a Schecter cuz my Cort gives a really annoying buzz like whenever its plugged in & i just heard Schecters are quite good for p-hc & metal (bearing in mind i'm a lefty :P)
thats not post hardcore at all but i'd go simplistic for what you want. a nice high gain amp. an overdrive and maybe a noise gate.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Get a noise gate and a 6505, which is probably the best thing in your budget.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
While I don't want to get into a genre war... This is post-hardcore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSSx15qm4A8
But definitely upgrade your cort. And you'll be surprised how heaps of different gats can fit the sound, especially with a cranked amp.
Gear
Hamer Standard XT
1963 Burns Split Sonic
Boss DD-7 (w/ Tap switch)
BAJA Real Tube Overdrive
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss TU-2
Vox AD50VTXL
Quote by squirrel1251
the Peavey i'm using is actually really loud seeing as its a 15w & atm im using it on a clean channel with a really shitty £5 distortion pedal that to be honest i really hate.

Have you tried using the built in effects in the amp? They are the only reason you would buy a vypyr...
Yes, get a better hi gain amp and maybe some better pickups like an SH-6 would transform that cort more than you could believe, and before you think you need EMGs play several guitars that have them. I always wanted EMGs but when I got them I found out I don't like them.
I have found good amps can make crappy guitars sound somewhat good. And crappy amps make anything plugged into it sound crappy.
What the hell!!!
Quote by squirrel1251
the Peavey i'm using is actually really loud seeing as its a 15w & atm im using it on a clean channel with a really shitty £5 distortion pedal that to be honest i really hate. I only suggested getting a Schecter cuz my Cort gives a really annoying buzz like whenever its plugged in & i just heard Schecters are quite good for p-hc & metal (bearing in mind i'm a lefty :P)

So you have a modern modeling amp that has tons of high gain channels...and you're using a 5 quid distortion pedal? Think we see your problem. Chuck the pedal and try out the any of the left hand amp models' red channels. Just don't dime the gain (probably wouldn't go much past 1 o'clock). If you need more, enable the on board overdrive with the gain @ 0 and the level at 10.

And yeah, it's not going to be easy to get an awesome tone with the 15w vypyr. The 8" speaker is its Achilles heel. But for its price and for metal, it's a great little amp. Spend some time learning how to use it!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
TBH i don't think the amp will cut it. Im playing PH music for the moment, and my rig consists of modified strats, a 6505+ head, V30 loaded 2x12, noise gate, OD and an m13.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Well new 6505 head + 2x12 cab + a few pedals isn't exactly the best advice for someone who probably isn't using his current sub $200 amp fully or properly. And yeah, your gear is great for what he wants, not going to argue against that
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs