Long story short, I've been playing for about 6 or 7 years. Mostly a metal guy, but I obviously play some classic rock, punk, and blues. I've had a Marshall MG100 and Behringer GMX212 for years (before you start with the "boo!" stuff, this was all bought a long time ago - high school students dont have a lot of income lol). After a little bit of a break from guitar (college really drained my energy and creativity), I've started to get back into it. I'm starting to look into improving my gear. A good friend suggested I get an Orange amp, and along with him, it seems that everybody seems to praise their amps and some of my new found favorite bands use them. Obviously my financial situation hasn't changed much, now I'm just a college student skimming by on loans and such. Would it be worth purchasing something like this?:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/orange-amplifiers-crush-pix-series-cr35ldx-35w-1x10-guitar-combo-amp

I figured I'd only need a practice amp at this point, I won't be in any financial situation to buy a nice half stack for quite some time. The amps I have now served their purpose, I just feel like I'm missing out on quality.

Any opinions on Orange Amps (and the models I linked) would be appreciated.
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
I think the problem you're having is you're trying to apply logic to Christianity, a religion based on a cosmic zombie
Last edited by xMetalGodx at Mar 19, 2012,
Most people would praise their tube amps, I don't like their solid state amps. If you use effects get a modeling amp. If not, get a low watt tube amp.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
their tube amps are great but their solid state stuffs just overpriced. that's not worth 200 bucks, i can tell you that.
You can find a better solid state than Orange especially in that price range, but as far as their tube amps I'm a big fan.
Well mate,

In my opinion Orange amps are absolutely worth it. I own a orange rockerverb 100 w mark 1 and a PPC 412 cab. It is the best stack I have ever played and i absolutely love it. Though it cost a lot.

The crush amps are great practice amps. They offer very good sound quality for the price you pay. Very Reliable as well. So in my opinion buy one. I don't think there is a better alternative out there.

Btw, I u have a better financial position (someday u will :-) ) Check out the rockerverb & Thunderverb head and combo. The guys from mastodon love the thunderverb. I prefer the rockerverb. But then again, $$$$

My equip ^^

Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Gretsch G5120 Electromatic
Squier Telecaster Custom

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange PPC 410 Cabinet
Ahhh, well thank you all for the input. Looks like I'll just save up my money for something else. Hopefully the day will come when I can invest in their high end tube amps
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
I think the problem you're having is you're trying to apply logic to Christianity, a religion based on a cosmic zombie
Quote by FantasyIceMan

Btw, I u have a better financial position (someday u will :-) ) Check out the rockerverb & Thunderverb head and combo. The guys from mastodon love the thunderverb. I prefer the rockerverb. But then again, $$$$

This x 1 gazillion

One day, I WILL own a Thunderverb .......right after I get the other 20 or so amps on my "One day, I WILL own" list
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?