Hey UG need some advice on a new amp which i plan on getting in the near future because at the moment all i have is a Roland microcube which i love but just doesn't cut it anymore. i play mainly old school rock such as zeppelin, cream, tom petty, guns n roses and clapton and im quite a big blues fan and love bb king. As equipment goes i have an epiphone les paul black beauty and a squier strat. i have been looking at the Vox AC30VR and the Fender Blues Jr but would like any other suggestions, i have a price range with a max of £600.
and on a final note i would like something that could play live shows
thanx UG
Either of the ones you listed will work great. The AC30 will be better for gigging then the Blues Jr, but probably won't be as practical for home practice, so you gotta decide what you want. You can always mic during a gig, though. The Vox AC15 would be good if you like the AC30 but want something more manageable.
I bought a Laney VC30 about two weeks ago and it's great. It's in your price range and I think it's good for anything from blues to old hard rock, for 60s-80s rock sounds. Oh, and I had a Micro Cube before buying my Laney. After buying your first tube amp I bet you'll never want to go back to solid states.

Edit: And maybe check out the LC30 too. It's a bit higher gain.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Mar 19, 2012,
I really dig my Egnater Rebel 20, IMO it's perfect for classic rock. It's pretty versatile but excels at at classic rock. The tweaker sounds great too
both of those amps are great, love me the ac30 i just don't have it, i've had the blues jr in the past and it was great. it could do a gig if you needed it to, depending on who you would play with. search the used market and you might get lucky on some higher end stuff, i once saw a used deluxe reverb reissue for 500 USD, so you never know.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Peavey Classic 30.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Peavey is overpriced over there I thought.

Compare the prices, me thinks the Vox won't be much more.

There's literally hunders of AC30 clones. Find a builder near you!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DrewMeyer
Either (Invalid img)of the ones you listed will work great. The AC30 will be better for gigging then the Blues Jr, but probably won't be as practical for home practice, so you gotta decide what you want. You can always mic during a gig, though. The Vox AC15 would be good if you like the AC30 but want something more manageable.

v. You can always mic during a gig, though. The Vox AC15 would be good
Quote by maudekgv
v. You can always mic during a gig, though. The Vox AC15 would be good

Yeah, and there's not that huge difference volume wise between 15 and 30 watts. They are both LOUD! And of course you can mic your amp.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115