Hey guys, first time poster here. I've been getting heavily into guitar recently (picked up a '74 vintage classic 50 peavey tube amp, a marshall mg100hdfx head, and a prs se custom within the past 4 months).

Anyway, I'm about to go pick up this guitar from some guy on craigslist (I'm gonna do it regardless of input), but I don't know anything about this guitar, and it's a fairly obscure name-- Metal Driver?

Does anybody know any information about this random obscure brand? Apparently it died out in the past and these guitars are kind of hard to come by. I saw one other post for it in texas selling for 150-ish, but it could very well just be a different model.

The little research I did told me it was an underrated lower priced guitar... I'm trading a fixie for it worth around $350 because I don't use it.

Thanks in advance for the help guys-- I've tried doing a search in ultimate-guitar, guitar harmony, and really everything I could think of... ebay doesn't even have this thing...
Attachments:
iImg_120317183138.jpg
Img_120317183149.jpeg
I have one, but I don't think anyone else here will be familiar with it. Yes, they're very obscure, I can list the specs for mine if you want and list all I know about them?

https://picasaweb.google.com/109006728606330270253/SumerMetalDriver?authkey=Gv1sRgCODEyrbxk-fnpwE

Yeah, mine is a different model to yours though.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at Mar 19, 2012,
I just got back from the trade, and I must say this sound is actually really nice. It plays like a stratocaster, but I feel like it's a little easier to manipulate your sound...
Quote by charle2kx
I just got back from the trade, and I must say this sound is actually really nice. It plays like a stratocaster, but I feel like it's a little easier to manipulate your sound...
I don't suppose you have any more information to share about the company/guitar, it's hard to come by people that have one of these?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by cliffedgazra
I feel like it's a little easier to manipulate your sound...
what is easier than what?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB