I play a diverse range of styles. I play classic rock,blues,punk,alternative,thrash metal and shred.
I have a 600 pound budget. I need to be able to gig with it, but also do bedroom practicing so a switchable watt selector would be great. I prefer heads to combos.

I've looked at the tube meister 18,and it's features plus tone really appeal to me. I'm in the UK so no American exclusive products. If I've left anything out just reply please
]
Have you tried Egnater? I got a Rebel 20 head recently and I'm impressed, "tube mix" gimmick aside, I can get a mean growl tone and a chimney, full sounding clean, with surprising headroom. I prefer the rebel but I like the tweaker as well
Quote by gman128
Would a combo or a head suit your needs best?

A head would suit me a lot more,just because I can play around with speaker configurations.
]
Apart from the egnater,all the other amps are simply too loud. When I say gig I mean some pub job,not a club. If I did a club I'd just pa the amp. It needs to be quiet due to cranky neighbours.
]
ok so that puts you into 20 watts or less of tube power. i'd still recommend anything from blackstar, so the studio 20 head would work. Hughes and Kettner have recently released an 18 watt head, might want to look into that. I'm not going to say orange tiny terror because it is not versatile, and as for marshall, avoid the class 5 like the plague - it sounds crap. Jet city also do a 20w head if my memory serves me correctly
well look at that - the hughes and kettner has switchable power output and falls well within your budget
What do you are more for, what it sounds like when on stage or at home? Even a 20w valve amp could be too loud at min volume for your home needs. Modern amps have most of their distortion/overdrive/tone shaped by the preamp, so you don't need to crank them to sound good. The 50/100w amps aren't going to give you a whole lot more shear volume, they just give you more headroom. And unless you're planning on using power valve breakup for you tone, amps have this thing called a volume knob

And for 600 quid, bazo666 is pretty bang on. That Traynor amp is probably the best you can get for what you want to spend. Get yourself an overdrive and you'll have all the styles you listed.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
laney gh50L?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by DarthV
What do you are more for, what it sounds like when on stage or at home? Even a 20w valve amp could be too loud at min volume for your home needs. Modern amps have most of their distortion/overdrive/tone shaped by the preamp, so you don't need to crank them to sound good. The 50/100w amps aren't going to give you a whole lot more shear volume, they just give you more headroom. And unless you're planning on using power valve breakup for you tone, amps have this thing called a volume knob

And for 600 quid, bazo666 is pretty bang on. That Traynor amp is probably the best you can get for what you want to spend. Get yourself an overdrive and you'll have all the styles you listed.

Thanks for the help. It needs to be more suited to home use,because I can mic a small amp,but I can't 'un-mic' it. The reason that I suggested the head is that usually small wattage combos have tiny speakers,which isn't what I'm looking for.
]
Quote by Dave_Mc
laney gh50L?

That's a sweet amp
Does it have a power attenuater? If it doesn't I'm guessing it's ****ing loud?
]
Plus the extra features on the tubemeister 18(it biases itself,tells you which tube has failed and how badly it failed) really look good
]
Quote by falcon1439
That's a sweet amp
Does it have a power attenuater? If it doesn't I'm guessing it's ****ing loud?

nah it doesn't and yeah it's loud
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I agree 100% with DarthV. Unless you want power tube saturation, I don't think you should worry about the wattage. 20 watts will still be pretty loud for home use. The Tubemeister has an attenuator and auto-bias which is useful but it's not much quieter than 50 watts.

I'm getting a bit biased here (u see what i did thar?) but I didn't like the drive sound on the H&K. It sounded funny
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?