Hi,

So i have a new talent show on april 22. I am playing Misfits - saturday night on the guitar and signing the velve pipe colorful.

The misfits song helped me quite a bit. I learned a little my freatboard where my notes are, were my power chords are. It's still difficult for me to move my hand as a block and play all the power chords correctly. I guess it's a matter of pratice.

My question is i am planning on learning the C Major scale. When my teacher ask me to play something to do a sound check i could play a scale instead of just random notes. I know this scale is like all the white notes on a piano. The c Major scale is the scale that everybody knows by heart.

Do you know a misfits song that would help me learn further my power chords,freatboard knowledge,scales ect.. ? Some of the misfits songs are in D# but we try to put them in E standart
Um why would you need to learn a scale to do a sound check ???
May I point out to you that the point of a sound check is to check the levels of sound of the song you are going to play so can you please answer this: WHY would you not play a part of the song? A powerchord?
Quote by Tyson2011
when in doubt, adjust the truss rod.

Sfedf the First ...
or should it be the insane?
no i meant like testing the clear channel on a pratice amp or something. Anyway i want to learn a scale if only for finger pratice.
Since you know the notes of the fretboard, learning a scale should be easy. C major is just C D E F G A B. Wherever you find those notes, you can play C major. Improvise a little with that over a backing track.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
^ this. This will be a little harder than learning the shapes, but it will much much better for you in the long run.
I can't believe how often I have to say something like this:

You have a teacher. You pay this person money.

ASK THEM for Christ's sake.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.