I've recently picked up the guitar again, after not really playing a guitar for a year and a half, and I've started to practice and basically to learn how to play the instrument.
I have a really hard time to pull off strings with my pinky, I've been practicing it for almost two weeks now, and still I think it really difficult to do.

I've tried to the exercises in the 'Pinky Dexterity Exercises' page, and couldn't really do it.

Should I just keep trying, or is there a better way to make the pinky more flexible?
Quote by GrandConjurer
I've recently picked up the guitar again, after not really playing a guitar for a year and a half, and I've started to practice and basically to learn how to play the instrument.
I have a really hard time to pull off strings with my pinky, I've been practicing it for almost two weeks now, and still I think it really difficult to do.

I've tried to the exercises in the 'Pinky Dexterity Exercises' page, and couldn't really do it.

Should I just keep trying, or is there a better way to make the pinky more flexible?

The last exercise on that page is pretty damn hard, if you're just beginning to really work on your pinky strength I would leave that one well alone.

To be honest though, if you're having trouble with it then the only problem is that you're trying to move too quickly. There's nothing wrong with doing exercises like these at a snails pace until you get better at them so do that: work as slowly as you have to in order to get it right. Getting it right is much more important than getting it fast.

Also: make sure you're as relaxed as possible, you're going to have a lot of trouble getting either of your hands to do anything useful if you're tense, keep that in mind. Again, if you have to slow down even further to get your hand to relax then do it, you're not going to make much progress if you don't.

Finally: as well as doing these exercises make sure you use your pinky whenever you might need to when you're playing normally; that will be just as much help as, if not more than, doing these very focused exercises. Exercises like these have a very specific reason for being used and if you're a real beginner when it comes to using your pinky you'd be just as well served by just making yourself use the poor neglected finger as doing those.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Gonna agree with Zaphod on this one.

You haven't been playing guitar very long so naturally your pinky isn't as strong as it could be. I think it's very important to not neglect your pinky to be honest. A LOT of guitarists (and even the professional ones) neglect their pinky a shitload, and sure they're seriously good players but regardless, they're not utilizing all their fingers and therefore can't reach their full potential.

So yeah, don't neglect your pinky. Just because it's weak and it's by far the shortest finger, it's still essential that you learn to use it correctly. I for one haven't fallen into the 3 finger trap and i personally think i use my pinky too much if that's even possible.