Simply put, what are pro's/con's of a 1x12 cabinet v. a 2x12 cabinet? Does a 2x12 sound better then a 1x12 or can they both do the same thing if it has quality speakers?
More gear laying around then I know what to do with, and still buying crap.
2x12's sound fuller and have a better bass response, and can handle higher wattage heads. 1x12's don't sound as wide.

If you plan on doing some serious recording, get a 2x12. I have a 1x12 as my main recording cab, and I honestly wish I had a 2x12 to get a beefier recorded sound, and feel really limited.
+1, i'd say if you can at all, get a 2x12.

cons of a 2x12 are pretty obvious- size and weight.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A pro with a 2x12 is also that you can, if you desire, mix the speakers.
We should start calling it "The Fact of Evolution", theory, even though correct, does not work with the ignorant..
What they said ^
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
the only upside to a 1x12 is space conservation, but most 1x12's are almost as big as most 2x12's, so there's not a lot of point in them. I guess price can be a factor. Regardless, 2x12's (for all intents and purposes) are way better.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Would a low-volume situation make the difference between a 1x12 and 2x12 moot? I was looking at a carvin V3m in the 1x12 combo, vs. the head with 2x12 vertical slant cabinet.
it probably minimises the differences, but i wouldn't say it makes it moot. in my (limited) experience a 2x12 still sounds a fair bit fuller, even at lower volumes.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
With a 2X12 even if you're mic'ing up just one speaker will the recorded sound still be wider than a 1x12?