Just got a Stereo Memory Man to replace my Line 6 Echo Park.
With the Echo Park, when you turned the delay time knob while there was a delayed signal running, you could get some really cool sounds. If you played around with the repeats too you could make the pedal self-oscillate and then tweak the delay time to speed up the sounds etc.
I can't seem to get this to happen on the SMM, whenever I changed the delay time knob mid-delay, it just cuts out the old delay. Anyone got any suggestions?
Member of the Laney Cult
are you playing a pedal? how do you play guitar and twist knobs at the same time.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I have the Deluxe Memory Man and I can do all the self oscillating stuff on that so I don't know why you can't on the SMM?
Agreed, but surely the oscillating thng should still be the same, as on any Analog delay?
Quote by AcousticMirror
are you playing a pedal? how do you play guitar and twist knobs at the same time.

I do it all the time?

Self-oscillation is hella fun!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by Ichabod Crane
Agreed, but surely the oscillating thng should still be the same, as on any Analog delay?

The SMM is digital.

EDIT: That is, if we're talking about the newer one (with hazarai). If we're talking about the vintage one don't listen to me. But I assumed it was the newer SMM
Last edited by WtrPlyr at Mar 22, 2012,
Quote by WtrPlyr
The SMM is digital.

My Maxon/Ibanez DDL is digital as heck, and it does it?

I think it just depends on the way they feed it back into the circuit. Whether it's fed before or after the delay.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
My Maxon/Ibanez DDL is digital as heck, and it does it?

I think it just depends on the way they feed it back into the circuit. Whether it's fed before or after the delay.

Yeah I'm not saying digital delays can't oscillate, I responded to his assumption that the SMM was analog.
^Oh, derp
Quote by WtrPlyr
Yeah I'm not saying digital delays can't oscillate, I responded to his assumption that the SMM was analog.

You could be right about the SMM being digital, I didn't think about that. Just cos my DMM is analog I assumed the SMM was too Apologies!