Yes, Dubstep is music. Of course it is. You need talent to make electronic music. I sure as hell couldn't come up with that shit. Can you be a musician if you don't know how to play an instrument? I think so. But it makes you think about what music really is. How do you even define it? You may say "It's anything that you like to listen to". Ok so is the sound of the ocean music? I knew some crazy emo cutter in highschool that liked to listen to static. Is that music? "No it has to have notes". Well what about bongo or just percussion based music, that (to an extent) doesn't have notes or any key signature. "Well it's got to have a tempo" So is EVH's Eruption considered music then? Lots of songs don't have consistent tempos....

What is music?
Well I know it when I hear it, thats all I can say.

-Tony
Series of pitches in time... That's pretty much music
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
What's a blog?
Well, I know it when I see it, that's all I can say.

- Loaded_
I'M A COWBOY
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Why do people sign off posts with their name?

The nerve of some people

-Tony
I'll be different.

Nope, it's not music.

/leaving without explanation.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
This is exactly the same as many commercial radio listening highschool kids asking if Metal is music..... Of course it is you dumb shit.
Quote by X-plorer88
Yes, Dubstep is music. Of course it is. You need talent to make electronic music.

No you don't. There are talented people who make it, but it's certainly not a requirement.

Can you be a musician if you don't know how to play an instrument? I think so. But it makes you think about what music really is. How do you even define it? You may say "It's anything that you like to listen to". Ok so is the sound of the ocean music? I knew some crazy emo cutter in highschool that liked to listen to static. Is that music? "No it has to have notes". Well what about bongo or just percussion based music, that (to an extent) doesn't have notes or any key signature. "Well it's got to have a tempo" So is EVH's Eruption considered music then? Lots of songs don't have consistent tempos....

This is not a new question by any means. My very first assignment in Music Theory I was to define music. It's along the same lines as "what is the meaning of life?" Everyone has their own answer, and none of them are right or wrong.

-Tony

Don't give a fuck what your stupid name is.
Check out my band Disturbed