Page 1 of 3
Sup Pit. I was just listening to the Lawrence Arms, and I realized that they were great and I wondered why I didn't listen to them earlier. You all got a band like that?
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.

Always assumed they were just generic death metal that sounded like anything else, now one of my favorite albums.
sunbather is shit
Coheed and Cambria and Protest the Hero, my 2 favorite bands.
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
Some really obscure underground band, you've probably never even heard about them.
is this thread about bands we assumed werent going to be good but turned out to be good, or bands we listened to at first not liking and then ended up liking?

the faceless i had no opinion on and ended up liking^^^^

but i didnt care for mgmt, only hearing the hits, then ended up liking them a lot listening to them after i bought both albums.

thats really it. i dont judge bands until i listen to them. and i usually, 99% of the time like a band the first listen.
Foo Fighters
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
lil wayne.

and after echoes silence patience and grace, i lost all hope for foo fighters.

BUT NOW THEYRE BACK! SO THEM TOO! IN BIG CAPTIAL LETTERS!
Never used to think Unearth were any good, then heard The March and opinion totally changed. Similar thing with The Black Dahlia Murder... what I'd heard of them was not my thing and I didn't like any of it, then I heard Moonlight Equilibrium and downloaded Ritual right away, although with TBDM I still don't like their other stuff... think Ritual is just more melodic and that appeals to me more
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
OutKast...i thought they were some pop-rap band...
they are so raw.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
TT-Reuter
The Stone Roses

Didn't think either would be any good. TT Reuter is one of the best swedish bands ever imo.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY
they are so raw.

yeah

and weezer
now extra flamey
Maylene and the sons of disaster.. just hearing their title made me think i wouldnt like em.. but I did.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Steel Panther
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

the faceless
Always assumed they were just generic death metal that sounded like anything else, now one of my favorite albums.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Never used to think Unearth were any good, then heard The March and opinion totally changed.

I used to confuse them with Underoath and therefore hated them for ages Turns out they're actually really good.

OT: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. Saw their name on a patch on someone's leather jacket. The dude was huge and hairy and clearly hadn't listened to the band, but I thought I wouldn't like the music. Turns out they're an awesome garage rock band who do incredible acoustic sets.
Quote by Oyface
Some really obscure underground band, you've probably never even heard about them.

ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY
they are so raw.

Yes. Stankonia is a goddamn masterpiece.
Quote by WCPhils
My prayers are with you and your balls TS

Quote by jetfuel495
I ran out of chicken nuggets.

When will this misery end.
Quote by chriscobonham
Yes. Stankonia is a goddamn masterpiece.

ah, nice to see some love for OutKast
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
I listened to Limp Bizkit for the lulz and ended up liking them. I discovered Wes Borland is an amazing guitarist, and Sam Rivers has badass basslines.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by beefcake122

i cant even read the band name
I don't understand this thread.

I'm gonna say this is bands who we didn't think wold be good, but really liked.

Protest the Hero
BTBAM
Muse
Coheed and Cambria
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils

Protest the Hero
BTBAM
Muse
Coheed and Cambria

I thought this about Coheed, and I thought PTH would be like Dream theater for me, where I respect the musicians but don't particularly care for the music. Then i listened to Kezia...
Quote by WCPhils
My prayers are with you and your balls TS

Quote by jetfuel495
I ran out of chicken nuggets.

When will this misery end.
The Mars Volta. They had a shit live performance when I saw them support Soundgarden. I gave them a chance recently and I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. I'll say Protest the Hero as well. Going by the name, I though they'd be like that A Day To Remember stuff, but now my heart beats for Arif.
Quote by mrfinkle213
Steel Panther

This, along with every glam metal band... I was that stupid thrasher kid in high school until I grew up and started liking KISS and stuff and now whammo... Here I am with more glam than thrash on my iPod
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
John Frusciante was an artist I thought I'd never like. Absolutely amazing however.
Only discovered shinedown recently as I always thought they were Sevendust for some reason
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
Quote by WCPhils

Protest the Hero
BTBAM

Muse
Coheed and Cambria

Quote by chriscobonham
I thought this about Coheed, and I thought PTH would be like Dream theater for me, where I respect the musicians but don't particularly care for the music. Then i listened to Kezia...

Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
Quote by beefcake122
(Invalid img)

Akeldama is better.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by WCPhils

Protest the Hero
BTBAM
Muse
Coheed and Cambria

Phils, you rule.

First off, Nevermore. Holy hell. Love them so much.

I thought Opeth was actually some progressive hardcore band (I'd never heard them at all) then I listened to In Mist She Was Standing and The Apostle In Triumph. Dear Lord that band is phenomenal.

I also love The Human Abstract (cue StewieSwan) Didn't know what to expect but I really really like em. They make me want to write sonatas.

Veil of Maya, All Shall Perish, and Scale The Summit. I like them from least to most in that order of the three.

Quote by chriscobonham

Fortress and Scurrilous. Get them bro.

BTBAM > Jeff Loomis, PTH > DT in my opinion, although there would be a ton more bands in there
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Last edited by thePTOD at Mar 20, 2012,
Not sure about awesome yet but I listened to Sigur Ros today for the first time ever and I liked it. Thought I wouldn't like it.
Led Zeppelin, really disliked them if anything for a really long time, but all of a sudden it clicked and I love all their stuff now.
Used to think that Portugal. The Man was a hardcore band, but then I found out that they only used to be that and now they make indie-ish music with the purpose of being perfect and giving me orgasms.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
MGMT. I always thought they were just a lame, pop band because of all of the people I knew that liked them. But my friend had me listen to their album Oracular Spectacular one day and it was phenomenal. Totally not what I excepted. It is super catchy stuff, but it's really well done super catchy stuff. Then I gave their second album Congratulations a chance, despite what I've heard everyone say about it being a terrible album, but I like it even more. It's so 60s.

Also, my life changed when I heard Pinkerton for the first time.
Page 1 of 3