8 string guitarist Samuli Federley releases a music video and a solo album

Music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5vpBfriSuU

The lead guitarist and composer Samuli Federley from Finnish prog metal band called Reversion (www.reversionband.com) releases a solo album. The disc will will see the daylight in April 2012 and will be released by Finnish/French record company called Mad Guitar Records (www.madguitarrecords.com). The album is named as Quest for Remedy and will include 9 prog/shred metal songs. On four tracks there are singers singer who are Keijo Niinimaa (Medeia, Rotten Sound), Mari M and Aleksi Parviainen (Reversion, Soulcage).

Samuli describes his work: "I didn`t want to make a traditional solo album, where the lead vocals are being handled by guitar and the songs are one long solo from start to finish. I wanted to have a reason to make instrumental songs; I wanted to share my broad taste of music and style to compose and arrange songs. The song comes always first! So 4 tunes has vocals and 5 are instrumental. I also wanted to make it a little bit different in mixing wise. I tried to avoid this turbo compressed sound of modern metal. Even though the songs are fast and furious, the overall sound breathes and is alive."

Also a music video for the album has been shot which will be out before the album. Samuli will hit the road later this year with his band that is gathered to execute those crazy tunes from the album. Earlier he has done lots of guitar clinics for example three years in a row at Musik Messe, Frankfurt, which is the largest music exhibition in world as well at Finnish Metal Expo, that is the largest metal expo in scandinavia.

Stay tuned and check out some more info at www.samulifederley.com
Learn to do windmills right. Yours look so awkward and lame.
Check out my band Disturbed
Learn to stop doing windmills. They look so awkward and lame.

EDIT: Just watched the video. That sounded like cat piss.
West Ham United
Last edited by King Donkey at Mar 20, 2012,