Ok, so i'm wanting to replace the sheffield speaker in my peavey 6505+ combo and i don't know if i should by a 8ohm speaker or a 16ohm speaker, or does it matter????
Help
Gear:
Schecter Damien 6FR DYI Gold Custom
Schecter Damien Elite-7
Ibanez GAX30TR
Ibanez GSR200
Ibanez TB150H
Ibanez IS412CA w/Eminence Metal Kit
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo w/Eminence Swamp Thang
Match ohms. If you are replacing an 8 ohm speaker then you need an 8 ohm speaker... Pretty simple.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Oh.... lol i guess that would make a lot of sense. Thanks!
Gear:
Schecter Damien 6FR DYI Gold Custom
Schecter Damien Elite-7
Ibanez GAX30TR
Ibanez GSR200
Ibanez TB150H
Ibanez IS412CA w/Eminence Metal Kit
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo w/Eminence Swamp Thang
No problem!
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Ohms are the gremlins found in electronic circuitry that try to keep the electrons from passing. Think of them as the trolls at the bridge...

But once we know how many gremlins there are, we know how many (amps) and how forceful (volts) the electrons need to be to get past them, thus we can design things that work.

If you try to replace a component with another having a different amount of gremlins, either the gremlins will stop the electrons, causing you problems, or the electrons will overwhelm the gremlins, often causing them to emit black smoke and a foul stench...

Hope that helps...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Ohms are the gremlins found in electronic circuitry that try to keep the electrons from passing. Think of them as the trolls at the bridge...

But once we know how many gremlins there are, we know how many (amps) and how forceful (volts) the electrons need to be to get past them, thus we can design things that work.

If you try to replace a component with another having a different amount of gremlins, either the gremlins will stop the electrons, causing you problems, or the electrons will overwhelm the gremlins, often causing them to emit black smoke and a foul stench...

Hope that helps...

Aha love this
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by ma_tt11
Aha love this

Glad you liked it.

I believe that it's (mostly) technically correct as well, so that's a plus...or something...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Your combo has a impedance selector switch, you can replace it with a speaker of 4, 8, or 16 ohms, so long as you move the switch to the appropriate notch. I, for example, have an 8 ohm speaker in my combo, so when I play it with just the combo speaker, I move the selector switch to 8. simple stuff.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.