i have a schecter diamond series pt custom, iv had it for about 2 years now but have noticed a problem occuring lately, whenever i bend the G and B strings around the 8th 9th 10th fret the bend flops, as in the string bends but no sound is produced after about a quarter of the bend...

has anybody got any idea what this could be??

its REALLY bugging me so any help would be greatly appreciated
Quote by jamie vk
i have a schecter diamond series pt custom, iv had it for about 2 years now but have noticed a problem occuring lately, whenever i bend the G and B strings around the 8th 9th 10th fret the bend flops, as in the string bends but no sound is produced after about a quarter of the bend...

has anybody got any idea what this could be??

its REALLY bugging me so any help would be greatly appreciated

Action too low? Fret sticking out? Check youtube videos for action adjustmets.
ive adjusted action, but i dont think it this that as i have had the guitar a while and the problem has only just started to happen.

could it be something to do with truss rod or maybe the fret bars??
Its the fret, your getting fret out. You might need to have the frets redressed. Also check your truss rod, it may not have enough relief.
how do you adjust the truss rod, as in how do you know if you are turning it the right way??
if it was the action wouldnt the problem have occured from the start and not just the last few weeks?
again, why has the problem only just occured it its the action? i havent altered the action for a long time, like since i got the guitar 2 years ago
right tighty lefty loosy. The tighter then truss rod the more back bow it will have, the looser the truss rod is the more relief it will have. Heres a video for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOMoyZG7pw4
You probably have a dead fret. That happened to one of my guitars and every time i bend on a certain string and a certain fret, it kindof squeals and then dies. It sucks!!
If i were you id take it to a proffesional to get the correct diagnosis, and make sure you dont spend alot of money to get your frets redressed and that not solve your problem.

good luck!!
Quote by timbit2006
Probably right around $3000 Canadian(We have to pay a lot more for some stupid reason...).

Quote by RealGuitarHero
Because of the French.

so true
Sounds like the truss rod needs adjusting. I wouldn't recommend you do this yourself, as it involves tiny movements and being left for a couple of hours. One wrong move and you can irreversibly ruin your neck.

Alternatively your 11th fret could be slightly raised, which would possibly need buffing down. Either way, take it to a tech.
Jackson, Ibanez, Lag
Carvin, Marshall
Ibanez, Boss, Korg
Bending problem?

Just bend it the other way.

Pffftchchchchchchh
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 20, 2012,
Did you switch to lighter guage strings? you are hitting a fret or pickup.It wouldnt be your truss rod.Don't fool with it if you've never done it before. press down on your string at the 1st and 24th fret Or 22nd,whatever.Is your neck straight Panhead201