I have hit a major plateau in my playing, and I am assuming I understand why. Simply, I think I haven't learned enough songs by other people to build real playing upon, I have always just learned little bits and useless exercises. I am going to quit that style and focus really learning the guitar.

But I want YOUR help. What I want you to do is suggest songs for me to learn, and as week progress for the song to get harder and harder. I will learn three of these songs a week, record them, and place them on youtube. This is so people from UG, and from youtube can critique my playing, thus allowing me to improve.

My overall goal, is to keep track of the weeks, songs, and the videos on this thread. I will do this in an easy to follow format, so that others that want to follow me in this journey can.

I am looking forward to your suggestion for songs to learn, as well as improvements I can make to my plan. With your help I am hoping to make this a worth while venture.

WEEK 1:
WEEK 2:
WEEK 3:
WEEK 4:
WEEK 5:
WEEK 6:
WEEK 7:
Want Sub-Forums For GB&C, CLICK and Comment to Help the Right People Notice.
Reserved 4

(you can PM me for details of payment for having control of this post. ez money, like domain registering)
Last edited by Nitnatsnok at Mar 20, 2012,
That's a great idea, but, believe me, it's hard to keep on a 3 songs per week scheme.
Bobby: Luckily I'd gone upstairs to listen to her piss so I heard her shout for me to help
Quote by targetdude
I have hit a major plateau in my playing, and I am assuming I understand why. Simply, I think I haven't learned enough songs by other people to build real playing upon, I have always just learned little bits and useless exercises. I am going to quit that style and focus really learning the guitar.

I don't see how you count that as useless. In 3 years of playing I only learned 1 song from beginning to the end, everything else was solos, riffs, exercises and other USEFUL stuff. That being said, people tell me I play really well for my time, considering how much I practice.

3 songs a week is a bad idea, you'll most likely end up learning 3 shitty easy songs to play that you forget the next day. Do you really expect to become a good player if you are learning songs that take only 2.3 days to learn? Physical memory takes years to develop.