Alright, so I got into music a while ago and my main focus was to sing. Of course, as I got caught up in the guitar that focus shifted. However, now I'm ready to tackle my main goal, so I have a couple of newbie questions. Such as
How should I start out practicing? I usually play notes on my guitar and try to sing those notes, but what else can I do? Also, how long should I practice every night?
Any help is welcome, thanks a lot
Practicing at night is a bad idea unless loud noises won't disturb anyone. Grab a microphone, headphones and do covers, why you need headphones and microphones? To hear whether you're doing it right, recording yourself is also a good idea.
Sweet, thanks! but sadly I don't have much of a musical ear, so how do I know if I'm hitting the right notes etc?
Quote by cobain44
Sweet, thanks! but sadly I don't have much of a musical ear, so how do I know if I'm hitting the right notes etc?

That's why I said you need a microphone and headphones, listen to yourself in headphones while singing, and also occasionally record yourself singing to hear yourself even better.

Using headphones while singing into a mic to hear yourself will greatly help but it's not 100% certain you are hitting it right, recording yourself and listening after it, though, will give a full image.