On Sunday I was playing guitar for about 3 hours or so and then I went to the bathroom and left it on. I was only gone for 1 maybe 2 minutes at most and when I got back the head had no power. No tubes were lighting up. I tried a different outlet and it still didn't work. What could be wrong with it? I've gone many 8 hour sessions since I bought it, could it be the tube or a power supply problem? I'm not too educated when it comes to amps, pretty much just how to set my tones and that's it.
There should be a fuse on the back of your amp. Use a flathead screw driver to remove it. If the fuse container looks like it's full of soot, then it's blown and you should replace it.

I would take the amp into a tech to get it properly looked at, though. Fuses seldom blow for no reason.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
That's gonna be a problem then. I live in the middle of nowhere pretty much. I don't know anyone who can work on amps.
Fuses cost like a $1.247

Find out what kind you need and buy several. If it is a bad fuse and it blows again then take it to a tech or exercise your warranty. Also make sure the tubes are seated down nice and snug. But like Raijouta said - fuses usually blow for a reason so there is a good chance there is something else wrong. My first guess would be a power tube came loose.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Fuses cost like a $1.247

Find out what kind you need and buy several. If it is a bad fuse and it blows again then take it to a tech or exercise your warranty. Also make sure the tubes are seated down nice and snug. But like Raijouta said - fuses usually blow for a reason so there is a good chance there is something else wrong. My first guess would be a power tube came loose.

for the money if you buy from an electronics supplier, you can get those fuses and pay mabye $.20 a piece. i ordered 10 for every step in slo blow and fastblow, however most of you know i have a lot of different amps. those100 or so fuses won't cost you more than $20 and you will never have to do it again if you do it right and always have a backup.

only reason i said this was because i was blowing fuses in an amp and paying $2-$3 for like 3 or 4 of them at radio shack.

likly fuse, as 311 said reseat all tubes and see what happens when you throw a new fuse on and it fires right up or goes pop. lets hope for sound.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Thank you all for your help. It turns out it was a blown fuse. I waited for like almost 2 weeks till I decided to take it apart and try to see what piece I need. I thought I needed the socket or whatever so I took the casing and everything apart and got it out lol. Then I seen this little compartment that was holding the fuses and seen that the one looked like a blown bulb so I took it out and noticed that it came with a spare fuse. Popped it in, hooked it up, turned it on...A big smile on my face. Though I did take the casing off and made myself look like a idiot lol.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/byakuya_666/2012-04-03092746.jpg
Yep, that's a fuse.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
You could of left out the "went to the bathroom" part - or made up an excuse.
Quote by ticktockboom
haha, i was right first guess

Well it hardly needed Sherlock Holmes. Dr Watson could have handled that one all by himself.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by ticktockboom
haha, i was right first guess

You found the "effect" not the "cause". A cheap fuse can go bad on its own but it is rare.
Yep. 10:1 he'll be back later with "it blew again." Any takers? No?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification