After reading some interviews from Stephan Forte (Lead guitarist of french prog-power band Adagio) using the HD500 Multi-effects processor from Line6 (plugged straight into the PA) live. And, watching various videos of Rob Marcello shredding the hell out of the Boss GT-whatever series processors plugged into his Roland JC120 Jazz Chorus combo. I decided I want to get either the HD500, Vox Tonelab, or a BOSS GT-10.

Only problem is simply, which amp would sound the best for these pedals? What should I look for in an amp that favors the sound of these types of pedals? What should I avoid as far as the amp's features. And lastly, Are there any specific amps that are MADE for these types of things! Only one I know of is the VOX Engine?
But, I don't really... like VOX amps because they just seem... junky to me.
I just want to throw in, if you get the HD series effects, you can buy the Line 6 DT series amps. They have a special connection to connect with the pedal and it syncs the two together to be an outstanding amp.

Other than that. I've used solid state and tube with my HD500. Tube amps work really well with them.

Others will have better opinions I'm sure though hahaha
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Regardless of the amp make sure it has a effects loop or I can assure you that its not going to sound proper. I had a Line 6 Pod XT Live and it was an AWESOME little unit, ran it through a 100W Fender Mustang III directly into the return of the amp and it really sounded great, sure kicked the crap out of the effects the mustang had built into it. Jump ahead a year to when I bought my Marshall tube amp, it doesn't have an effects loop. I plugged it into the front of that amp and was horrified at how it sounded, made the amp sound worse then the $300 Mustang III I had just unloaded. And it wasn't the Pod's fault it was the amp of all things!

All those amplifier models in the Pod and other similar products are based off the amplifiers preamp section where a HUGE majority of the tone of an amp is produced, so when you run that preamp model into an amplifiers preamp tube not only does it not sound like your amp but it doesn't sound like the amp model at all.

If I were to go back to a effects modeller I would either go with a direct into PA system or pick up a nice quality little solid state amp with an effects loop and go that route again.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by ne14t

If I were to go back to a effects modeller I would either go with a direct into PA system or pick up a nice quality little solid state amp with an effects loop and go that route again.

That's exactly what I was thinking! The direct into PA route! Thank you so much for this information btw! I'm almost thinking about getting a nice little 120 watt Randall RX100 solid state amp and having a go with that. Seems like effects pedals are more stable with solid state amps than tube?

Quote by bluekirby7

Other than that. I've used solid state and tube with my HD500. Tube amps work really well with them.

Hmm, mighty expensive piece of equipment and Line6 amps in themselves (at least the spider series) sound like CRAP, but I really like their effects processors and recording equipment.
You might want to look into a Line 6 DT + HD500.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X