hey guys , ive been building this guitar , mahogany body , seymour duncans , grover tuners and gibson hardware . I have been building guitars years and want to get rid , around the 300 mark considering the quality gear and it having a hardcase too .. can you give me your thoughts though and dont be too harsh .
regards

Last edited by RNR guitars at Mar 20, 2012,
The pictures are a bit blurry. What type of semour duncans, what bridge, and tuners?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
duncan distortion and invader , grover tuners and a b2 saddle i believe. i know pics are blurry and ill get more i just wanted to see what peoples take was
you cant sell guitars in this forum.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Wisthekiller
300 of what currency? I'd say it'd be worth that in USD.

This, and it looks okay except that god awful white invader.
i was actually thinking around 300 british pounds , considering all the equipment , finish and case
If it were me, the invader could be a deal breaker. Why did you choose that as your neck pickup?
seemed a good choice , also described as been fantastic for those bends .. i have a bareknuckle that copuld be fitted , so there is room for customising to seal the deal
I, as well as many others, view the invader to be a muddy mess. Also I don't know how good it is for sustain, it seems really artificial to me. Which is the only reason I ask. I don't mean to diss your guitar. Its beautiful, mate.
Why not use a SD-59 or something of the like?
no no thanks , ive been doing customising on all kinds of comissioned projects and this is my fifth build to sell , and always like advice , and input .. its something to look into , i guess wit the distprtion in the bridge thats all thats needed for muddy , distorted guitar playing .
I reckon that's worth £250-£300.

But the pickup rings, toggle surround and scratchplate need to be black to match the binding, it looks a bit mismatched as it is.

The pickups wouldn't be my choice, but they're easily taken out, sold and replaced with something more desirable, so not really a problem.

I take it it's a set neck?
Jackson, Ibanez, Lag
Carvin, Marshall
Ibanez, Boss, Korg
The Invader in the neck is a terrible Idea. Throw that away and put in something more suitable like a Duncan Alnico II
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The binding looks like a crappy paint job. And your neck pocket looks shoddy at best. You should keep it, because no-one in there right mind would pay you for it, no matter how good you think it is. I'll give you "tree-fiddy" and thats it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate