so the distorted channel on my peavey 6505+ still sounds great but the clean channel sounds like a lot of white noise that cuts in and out along with crackles and pops... is it normal that the clean channel sounds like it needs its tubes replaced first? I havent had to change my tubes yet so I was just wondering should I replace all the pre and power amp tubes? or just the pre amps to see if that fixes it. & if I replace the power tubes is it safe enough to just use a guide to install them or do you guys prefer to have a professional take a look. Thanks in advance!
I would definitely try replacing the tubes first. Often if it's just one channel that has a problem, it's a preamp tube. Maybe get new 12ax7 and put it in either V1 (closest to input) or V2 (next one in line) and see if that clears it up, since I think those would be the clean channel stages. If not, try the tube in the other slots as well.

One should always have some spare tubes handy, especially if you gig. You can get by with just replacing a faulty preamp tube, but with power tubes you'll need to get a matched set and replace them all at once. You can replace them yourself easily, just be gentle. I'd go ahead and get a full retube set for everything if you can. Power tubes wear quicker than preamp tubes, but it's good to have spares for everything. And get some contact cleaner while you're at it, and spray the pins down and work them in and out of the socket a bit to clean them.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
awesome thank you! Do you ever bias your power tubes by yourself Does anyone have any recommendations on doing that yourself?
Check out 311ZOSOVHJH's biasing tutorial on his profile. I recently bought a bias probe/meter and I'm hopefully going to take the time this weekend to bias my QuickRod, but as of yet I haven't done it. It appears to be pretty simple to do, just painstaking and time-consuming. Be extremely careful, because there are lethal voltages inside a tube amp.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion