Page 1 of 2
I'm thinking of doing a Pokemon nuzlocke run but I can't decide which game to do it on. My choices are:

• Crystal Version
  • Leaf Green Version
  • Emerald Randomizer

What'dya think?
"I have found that people who can successfully resist temptation invariably lead depressingly stunted lives."
-C.D. Payne, Youth in Revolt

My Tumblr. I always follow back.
What's with the Randomizer at the end of Emerald?
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
I'm 12 and what is this ?
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
It's an emulator add on where everything is completely random in terms of what Pokemon you see.
"I have found that people who can successfully resist temptation invariably lead depressingly stunted lives."

crystal because it was nearly silver/gold.
i also have no idea what you are on about.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by TheSilverBeetle
It's an emulator add on where everything is completely random in terms of what Pokemon you see.

Well that kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me, but I'd go with Crystal just because Gen 2 is the shit
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Quote by Rancid Ivy

The Basin rules are:

1.Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.

2.The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.

3. You have to name all of your Pokemon.

Quote by shavorules42
Well that kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me, but I'd go with Crystal just because Gen 2 is the shit

True, plus of course I"d be playing it on my beloved Game Boy Color.

You should probably move this to the Pokemon Thread, OP, just so you get better opinions.
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
Out of those I'd go with Crystal, you could get some nice pokemon from the beginning
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Quote by shavorules42
You should probably move this to the Pokemon Thread, OP, just so you get better opinions.

Thank you I will.

Quote by TheSilverBeetle
The Basin rules are:

2.The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.

So you'd end up with like 5 Pidgy's and your starter, and you can't let them faint!? I'm not so sure that would work very well...
"When that day comes I shall Futterwacken ... vigorously."
~ The Mad Hatter

Quote by Wisthekiller
Crystal. It was my favorite and I'm nuzlocking right now.

Oh cool, what are you nuzlocking on?

Quote by nbur4556
So you'd end up with like 5 Pidgy's and your starter, and you can't let them faint!? I'm not so sure that would work very well...

It's actually much better then that and gets very intense.

Quote by TheSilverBeetle
It's actually much better then that and gets very intense.

Is the area that you can only catch one pokemon the entire area between two cities? or do caves, forests, the ocean, national parks, and all that stuff count as there own areas?
~ The Mad Hatter

Just do what I do and use only your starter. I've made it to the last gym in Gold using only my Totodile, never letting him faint. Then my save file deleted
Quote by Kensai
I'm no fancy doctor, but it sounds like you've got the clap.
Quote by TheSilverBeetle
The Basin rules are:

Some optional rules:

4. Change battle style to 'set' so you can't switch out after killing a pokemon (So you don't get the 'Your opponent is about to send out _____, would you like to switch pokemon?' prompt)

5. Black out/White out is game over, delete the save

6. Duplicate Pokemon cannot be caught, so after you catch a pokemon, you may never catch another of the same kind (including evolutions), even if the first one dies

7. No using of the Master Ball

8. No using of legendaries (although you may catch them for sport)

There's a few others, but these are the ones I play with
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by nbur4556
Is the area that you can only catch one pokemon the entire area between two cities? or do caves, forests, the ocean, national parks, and all that stuff count as there own areas?

Every place with a name is an area (Route 101, Dark Cave, Viridian Forest, etc.)
Quote by MAC2322
Every place with a name is an area (Route 101, Dark Cave, Viridian Forest, etc.)

Oh that makes more sense then! I might have to give it a try, I'll probably loose pretty quickly though... I've never been all that great at pokemon
~ The Mad Hatter

What do you do if all your pokemon die in a gym or other battle? Release 'em all and go find all new ones?
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by vicarious46
What do you do if all your pokemon die in a gym or other battle? Release 'em all and go find all new ones?

I would personally delete the save, but you could release them all and use the ones in your PC.
Are there any rules on running from pokemon you don't want to fight yet?
~ The Mad Hatter

Quote by Rancid Ivy

Nuzlocke challenge means that you have to sacrifice any chance of you losing your v-card.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by jetfuel495
Do a Hobokemon run instead. Can't buy any items, and if your pokemon faints, you must delete it.

Viridian Forest would be the end of the game for me then
Another rule I've heard of is that once you catch your first pokemon you must release your starter.
This one might make the whole Nuzlocke challenge a lot more interesting
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
I've always wanted to do a Nuzlocke run through but never got round to it Plus, my main way of training my Pokémon for the Elite Four was to chill in the end area of Victory Road, train all my Pokémon until they all die and "white-out" and reappear at the Indigo Plateau Pokémon Centre and do it all again.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
I've always wanted to do a Nuzlocke run through but never got round to it Plus, my main way of training my Pokémon for the Elite Four was to chill in the end area of Victory Road, train all my Pokémon until they all die and "white-out" and reappear at the Indigo Plateau Pokémon Centre and do it all again.

You're back?
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
I'd say Emerald because I'm a Gen. III baby. I'm also playing Emerald at the moment.

I'm also not a fan of the Nuzlocke challenge. I grow fond of my Pokemon as soon as i catch them, and considering them dead in any way feels bad
Quote by Rancid Ivy

lololol bannnnnnnn
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
I had a great time Nuzlocking Black Version. I think I might do it again.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Yeah, i tried the way of the Nuzlocke while playing Crystal today (first time playing Crystal). Let's just say I'm a bad trainer, but that still doesn't mean I don't miss my Onix, Slowpoke, Oddish, Quilava, Unown and many others.

Not going to continue the 'Release pokemon that faint' rule, **** that.
Nuzlock-ing Crystal right now, so far I've lost a Poliwag, Gastly and...others. It's been a while since I've played actually, I've forgotten...
Quote by WCPhils
My prayers are with you and your balls TS

Quote by jetfuel495
I ran out of chicken nuggets.

When will this misery end.
Critical hit made me miss my chance at a Nidoran (M).
Quote by chriscobonham
Nuzlock-ing Crystal right now, so far I've lost a Poliwag, Gastly and...others. It's been a while since I've played actually, I've forgotten...

You can do it bro. Keep your head up. They're still there, and they want you to continue on, even without them. They'll always be with you... *gently points to heart* ...in here.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Page 1 of 2