█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
Kesha. And Nikki Minaj. Neither has a shred of talent
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
What's so bad about Skrillex?

I'm really not familiar with this kind of music and I need to learn... It sounds ok to me.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

I'm really not familiar with this kind of music and I need to learn... It sounds ok to me.

You're a Bach fan, so obviously you got weird tastes
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
You're a Bach fan, so obviously you got weird tastes

biiiitttccchhhhhhhhh

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Dream Theater

They're one of my favorite bands, but, seriously, how are they so popular? They were even nominated for a Grammy recently. What is this madness.
I find it hard to post something here because the bands/artists I would nominate for this thread are the ones I would rarely listen to, hence I don't know anything about them.

However, seeing as I'm here, Bieber. Very mediocre considering his popularity.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by Xiaoxi

WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB
Quote by Kensai
Skrillex.

Watching a trend explode like that was mind blowing.

Back in 2008-2009 when dub was just starting to get raped by computers, the only people that I knew who listened to dubstep were ketamine fiends from the interwebs (I always heard mentions on bluelight and drugsforum). Fast foward a couple of years and add this midget into the mix to turn down the tastefulness and turn up the trendiness, and every party I go to has sluts dancing to dub!

It's a shame because while I like dubstep and dub that is full of reggae and computerish stuff, it is a fraction of what I would like to listen to. On the contrary, a huge wave of people feel the need to blare Skrillex and Rusko all damn day. I am glad the trend is subsiding, I wish psytrance would explode like dubstep did.

Quote by Xiaoxi

His music is alright, but he is a fraud live DJ. I used to be a bit of a club rat and I have seen some amazing live mash ups and jams involving electronic music, he is the exact opposite. He presses play and makes millions, but personally I don't want to pay for a ticket to be in the presence of some hipster and his CD party.

Sonny Moore used to be in From First To Last a few years before switching from making generic scene music to generic dubstep. Unfortunately he brought all of the scene kids to the rave lol.
Last edited by garden of grey at Mar 20, 2012,
Skrillex songs always start out okay and then some stupid out of place sample (OH MY GOD SOMEONE CALL 911) comes up followed by clichéd "brostep".

The "brostep" can even be good at times, it's the samples that annoy me more.

OT: I don't really have anything to contribute, just "screamo" (quoted for a reason) in general. It's cool f you like, I just don't understand how so many people can live by it.
Quote by Xiaoxi

The problem with Skrillex is that dubstep as a genre had to change a lot from it's roots to become acceptable in the mainstream (kinda a different genre altogether because a medium-large subwoofer is a requirement for the auld underground stuff) - the best way to listen to dubstep is on a massive sound system in a basement with a DJ behind it all. If you listen to most early dubstep it's clear it's made for DJs and that's truly where it shines and radio friendly dubstep doesn't sit well with anyone who's experienced their chest resonating to the dark riddim and space of it all - of course I hear the "electronic music isn't real music" crowd are still around (when current production techniques involve loads of sample/replace work, particularly metal pretty sure I haven't explained anything here but try comparing say this classic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEmM6vVFrao with skrillex .

more OT: really surprised that sort of "club" music made it big (you know they call it hip hop but it's not), it makes white people dance like scarecrows.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by Colgate Total

I like that band
Quote by Kensai
Skrillex.

He was already on the spotlight from singing in FFTL, so it's not surprising at all that he has gained so much attention
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Muse ...

No offense, but I feel like nobody knew about them a few years ago.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Dream Theater
Tool
BTBAM
Opeth

Are you kidding me? If there's any melodic death metal music that appeals to the masses, it's Opeth's. May not be notorious for live performances, but their recordings are out of this world great.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

I should have known better.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by slipknot5678
Skrillex songs always start out okay and then some stupid out of place sample (OH MY GOD SOMEONE CALL 911) comes up followed by clichéd "brostep".

The "brostep" can even be good at times, it's the samples that annoy me more.

OT: I don't really have anything to contribute, just "screamo" (quoted for a reason) in general. It's cool f you like, I just don't understand how so many people can live by it.

Screamo was never big and never will be. You're probably thinking of 3rd gen post-hardcore.

Adele.I'm not surprised or upset by her success at all, just surprised at the amount of success.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

Adele.I'm not surprised or upset by her success at all, just surprised at the amount of success.

I'm confused.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Good_Lord
Muse ...

Now that is not true for anybody that watched mtv and fuse anywhere from about 2003. I honestly didn't really get into Muse until Black Holes, but I had seen all of the Absolution videos as a middle schooler.

Once I got into Black Holes, I listened to Origin of Symmetry on DXM and my brain exploded, specifically Space Dementia.
Quote by WCPhils
I'm confused.

Not one thing, another thing Not the success in and of itself, just the level of success.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Good_Lord
Muse ...

Starlight was a massive hit on Fuse, and the Supermassive Black Hole video was rather popular too even before it was on Twilight
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Not one thing, another thing Not the success in and of itself, just the level of success.

Ah gotcha. Figured as much.

I just felt like being a prick.
___

Quote by The_Blode
I'm pretty surprised that THE DEATH PANELS have people covering them on YouTube these days.
Quote by Minkaro
Oasis.

That's pretty random. They put out some good tunes that were catchy and had some really good songs too.
Quote by Good_Lord
Muse ...

wut

to me it seems like their popularity has subsided a whole lot since like 03 or 04
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by whoomit
I'm pretty surprised that THE DEATH PANELS have people covering them on YouTube these days.

And by people you mean you.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Page 1 of 4