I had a shitty day. put an old poem I wrote to chords. shameless modest mouse reference. 'darvaz' is the flaming pool natural gas burning in southern Russia since the 70's. thoughts?

http://soundcloud.com/maxwojo/darvaz

lyrics:

It burns forever this fuel of mine
I am the weapon she is the prime
number irreplaceable, fortress unscalable,
each and every day it grows this Fibonacci of my heart

*break*

and time and time and time all on my mind
lo-fi polar opposites believe our own lies
I'd kill a man for just a few more lines of paper
what's a word count but a border?

words are people too
people are worlds too
PRS SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary
Ibanez RG2EX1
Fender CD220CE Acoustic-Electric
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12 60w
there's some serious attitude behind this. Recording quality ain't great, and the singing is a little pitchy at times, but the feeling really cuts through. With a bit more work this could be awesome
If you're doing the whole C4C thing, it'd be great if you could check out my Youtube channel (there's a link in my sig)
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
thanks for the reply man! and yeah, my SM57 isn't that great - I need a vocal cover and a quieter desktop PC (too much white noise). it was recorded simultaneously (vox/guitar), not the best for overall quality but pretty good at accounting for serious inspiration.

I'll check out your YT channel just now.

edit:

after listening, I really liked your stuff. your voice and chord progressions are super solid! I like Patrick McKenzie the best, its got a real Beatles maybe Lennon-ish vibe to it. Will keep an eye on your future stuff
PRS SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary
Ibanez RG2EX1
Fender CD220CE Acoustic-Electric
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12 60w
Last edited by arunawayslave at Mar 20, 2012,