From left to right on my pedal board, mxr soundgate, Tubescreamer, Boss tuner.. I put it on the end and the delay was like super subtle compared to when i tried it at the store i had my volume at a notch down from half way and that is getting up there for a jcm900 and i could barely hear the delay effect. Would using my amps effect loop be better for my delay and other effects?
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
If you are using the amp for a gain channel, put the delay in the Effects loop.

You just have to adjust the volume as you see fit. Also, if you are running the pedal on batteries, make sure the batteries are fresh.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
You put the soundgate first?
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by Danjo's Guitar

I'm not the best with pedal stuff, where should it be?
sunburst fender MIM tele
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
I don't have a lot of pedals yet either, but logically it should be last, or at least nearly last, so it can clean things up before they hit your amp. Either put the delay in your loop, or try putting it before the tube screamer. But thats just a guess.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by Danjo's Guitar

He said 'left to right' so clarification is in order.

If those were my pedals it would look like this (with no FX loop)

guitar > tuner > tubescreamer > carbon copy > noise gate

I've ran my Carbon Copy out front many times and it sounded fine. It is a subtle delay pedal though. I've even ran it out in front of my Vypyr 60 with good results.

But yes, generally with time based effects you put those in the effects loop because they sound better after the preamp tube stages.

However, there is no right or wrong answer.

Why do you have a noise gate? Do you get guitar noise or amp noise?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

I've ran my Carbon Copy out front many times and it sounded fine. It is a subtle delay pedal though. I've even ran it out in front of my Vypyr 60 with good results.

But yes, generally with time based effects you put those in the effects loop because they sound better after the preamp tube stages.

However, there is no right or wrong answer.

Why do you have a noise gate? Do you get guitar noise or amp noise?

i usually have some gain on, and that gives a decent amount of buzz.
sunburst fender MIM tele
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Quote by Cloudkicker
i usually have some gain on, and that gives a decent amount of buzz.

I used to own a MXR SmartGate.

I'd track down the buzz. Preamp tube or dodgy solder joint or pot perhaps. If you stand far away from it or face away does that help?

The general rule is if the noise comes from the guitar then put the Gate before the amp. If the noise comes from the amp then put the Gate in the effects loop if you have one.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Come on 311.
You should know better.
The noise gate goes BEFORE THE DELAY so it doesn't cut off repeats
It usually doesn't affect anything when you're using the gate subtley. But when I used to run a noise gate in front of my high gain tubescreamer-boosted amps I'd have to raise the gate up enough to the point where it would cut off repeats. So it depends on how much gain/how high the gate is set.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I used to have a carbon copy, and I found the same thing as 311. It's a more subtle delay. You just kinda hear the tails of the repeats. That's actually what I liked about it. I don't like a very "hard" delay... or abrupt... or whatever... or anything that interrupts the fragile harmonics

I ran the CC in front of the amp, and in the loop. That pedal generally does pretty well either way, but you can put it wherever you want. Try it out. It may give you better results in some configurations than others.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes