Normal
218 55%
Overweight
78 20%
Obese
11 3%
Voters: 396.
Page 1 of 6
Long story short, I was underweight 4 years ago, when I ate like a pig and didn't exercise at all. I am now borderline obesity and work out for an hour every single day and have been seriously watching what I eat/drink for months. I seem to be getting fatter for absolutely no reason.

How do you feel about your weight? I work at a grocery store and it makes me depressed to see how 80 percent of all customers/workers seem to be overweight or obese. Maybe the town I live in is cursed or something?
Well you're not a teenager anymore so that is most likely the reason.

Though I'm 20 eat really bad food all day everyday, and am pretty skinny, so
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I'm underweight... well, that's not true. Technically, I'm an appropriate weight for my height and frame, but I would like to put on a bit more mass.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
I'm 186 cm and I weigh 82 kg, putting me in the normal range. I'm planning to add another 10 kg or so, though.

Quote by HowSoonisNow
Long story short, I was underweight 4 years ago, when I ate like a pig and didn't exercise at all. I am now borderline obesity and work out for an hour every single day and have been seriously watching what I eat/drink for months. I seem to be getting fatter for absolutely no reason.

Eat even less.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'm overweight No matter what I do the pounds won't come off. Cycle to and from work 3/4 times a work, 20 minute journey there and 20 minutes back, I don't eat shit loads of crap. I had a shit earlier, that's the closest I've come to losing weight in a while.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Have lost 70 pounds and kept it all off for the past 3 years. **** being fat.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
It's weird, it always lingers at around slightly overweight. It's pretty much exclusively soft drinks, if I had to warrant a guess.
I'm underweight atm, I can eat as much as I damn well please and nothing changes. Honestly, I hope what happened to you doesn't to me, such a big change in 4 years would be horrible... How old were you at the time?
R/DedIT
The Glitch Mob

Arkasia

Tool

Quote by madbasslover
I'd pay four bucks to have those 6 balls stuffed in my mouth.
About 4 months ago I was 135, I'm now 170. I've been working out and eating a lot more protein. it surprised me how very little different I looked. I can say I'm happy with my weight.
Sail upon the open skies
178 lbs

At first I was about 150 lbs. Looking to get to about 190. Gym has really been helping me out.
ggg1 ggg3

I heard beer is great for your diet
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I was a bit underweight not too long ago (BMI ~18.3). I started working out daily (mostly weight-training, with a bit of cardio and the sports I normally play) and adjusted my diet (increased protein consumption and balanced the other aspects of my diet). I've put on a fair bit of muscle, and I'm within the normal BMI range now... Never felt better.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
I hover around 185 lb and I'm only 5'7, which is borderline obese. You couldn't really tell by looking though. I've been working out 3 times a week for 2 hours at a time and I have reasonably good eating habits. I can't get weight off for whatever reason but I try not to stress over it too much. I've practically cut soda out of my diet altogether which is probably helping.
When I graduated high school about a year ago, I was 5'11" and weighed 130 lbs.
Now i'm the same height, but weigh 190 D:

I think it's because the walking in between classes was all the exercise I would get, and now it's gone and all I do is sit in my room and play games and read all day.

Edit: Oh yeah. Starting to feel a little self-conscious about it, as people are pointing out how fat i've gotten.
I keep saying to myself "Tomorrow is the day I will start exercising for sure" and then when tomorrow comes I don't care anymore.
Last edited by institutions at Mar 20, 2012,
Quote by institutions

I keep saying to myself "Tomorrow is the day I will start exercising for sure" and then when tomorrow comes I don't care anymore.

Why not today?
There's a lot of things that go into your size, and BMI isn't always the best indicator of whether you are a healthy size/weight. I'm a tall lanky bastard, and I'm never really going to be anything other than that unless I became religious about going to the gym (not gonna happen) or just ate Macca's twice a day. My old man is the same. Sure he's got a bit of a gut now, he's 56, and does almost no exercise and drinks plenty of booze, eats plenty, but he's never going to be a 'huge' man; although his current lifestyle wouldn't be considered healthy. You've just gotta make sure that you're exercising and eating healthy stuff and you should be alright.
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis; you can't trust people."
I'm 6'3" and around 170
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
Quote by institutions
Cuz today I got stuff to do (sitting in my room & playing games & reading)

No.

You get your ass outside of the house and go for a run right motherfucking now.
Quote by gman128
what's the bet that the OP is American?

I've seen plenty of overweight/obese people from England too. Does Adele ring a bell? Look at how Robert Smith and Morrissey look now.
I am border line overweight. I afford to lose 10 pounds or so.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I think I'm underweight, though I might be normal now. I'm still trying to cover up my ribs though, so that counts as underweight for me. I guess I could be one of those "Eat whatever I want and stay skinny" types, except that my family doesn't buy soda or get fast food ever. And we eat salad every day. And I eat a reasonable amount of fruit.

And I run Cross-Country. Though I only sometimes run in the off season.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by devourke
Why not today?

Exactly, I've seen so many of my overweight friends talk about these new diets or exercise routines they are going to start, but it's always tomorrow and never today. Once you get started, it's really not bad at all, in fact it's quite rewarding. In fact, I personally would like to put on about 5 pounds of muscle and increase my cardiovascular endurance significantly by summer. Another thing most people don't realize is that nutrition is probably more important than exercising when it comes to weight management. You can lift as many weights as you want, but if you aren't fueling yourself properly you will never see the gains. Likewise, if you exercise a lot but are still eating a lot of calories (even if they are healthy foods & not just greasy burgers) you will probably not lose much weight.
About 150lbs and 5'8". My BMI is considered to be on the high end of normal, but I look fairly skinny. Been working a lot more and getting plenty of protein, so I'm gaining weight pretty steadily.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Underweight, need to start training more strength, not just running... and I need to start eating a lot better.

190cm, 66kg or something. Long time since I weighed myself.
Quote by gman128
what's the bet that the OP is American?
Dumb. You guys might not be as big as Americans, or even Canadians, but I seem to recall seeing a stat claiming at least 1/4 of you are obese. Nothing to brag about.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Quote by SnowTau
I'm underweight atm, I can eat as much as I damn well please and nothing changes. Honestly, I hope what happened to you doesn't to me, such a big change in 4 years would be horrible... How old were you at the time?

I was a "little chunky" until I was 14 and from then on till 17, I was like a walking stick. When I took my shirt off, I could see my heart beating. At 18, I started to have a gut and it's been all downhill since then.

My current diet:
Wheat toast
Protein bar
Wheat thins
Beef Jerky
Deli Turkey
Tons of water (I have to piss like every single hour because of it)
Low fat string cheese
Fiber One bar (s)
Some kind of salad
Low fat yogurt

And still I'm fat. Not only that, but I run until I feel like my heart is about to burst at the gym while also lifting weights, doing crunches, push ups, etc. I don't drink any soda, alcohol, juices, etc. My mom says it's genetics but that's what everyone says. I got a personal trainer once and he pretty much just talked shit to me about being fat the whole time without really helping me at all. I also gained a lot of weight after I quit smoking, but I'm not too sure if that was the main reason for it.
Last edited by HowSoonisNow at Mar 20, 2012,
Hm, weird. I've just turned 18 a few months back and I think I've actually lost a bit of weight (that's related to a few issues though, not eating as much as usual, starting to pass that now though). I think I dropped under 50kg, but I usually hand around 50kg. I drink lots of milk / soft drinks (soda or w/e) pretty much every day and eat way too much Maccas and pizza... I must just be lucky for the moment in terms of my metabolism. Everyone tells me that. It's not that great being so skinny, I wish I had a little more meat on me (not too much more) but I just can't gain any weight lol.
R/DedIT
The Glitch Mob

Arkasia

Tool

Quote by madbasslover
I'd pay four bucks to have those 6 balls stuffed in my mouth.
I'm pretty normal. Most people make jokes about me being skinny, but honestly I'm not really that skinny. Although, the BMI said I was overweight, and I was actually sent a letter saying I was at risk of being obese. I was .5 over, if I lost half a pound or grew half an inch I'd be normal. I have abs, but am at risk of being obese.
Quote by schwinginbatman
I'm pretty normal. Most people make jokes about me being skinny, but honestly I'm not really that skinny. Although, the BMI said I was overweight, and I was actually sent a letter saying I was at risk of being obese. I was .5 over, if I lost half a pound or grew half an inch I'd be normal. I have abs, but am at risk of being obese.

^
I'd still do him.

Quote by devourke
No.

You get your ass outside of the house and go for a run right motherfucking now.

Give me some encouragement, bitch.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by HowSoonisNow
Not only that, but I run until I feel like my heart is about to burst at the gym while also lifting weights, doing crunches, push ups, etc.

Run for another minute or two. Thats where the real calories are at. And maybe add some more fruits? Vitamins can actually help you lose weight. Otherwise, I don't know what much you can do.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by Trowzaa
^
I'd still do him.

Give me some encouragement, bitch.

But you'd get beaten up by chavs. Move to a more peaceful country and then go for a run.
Quote by Kensai
I'm 186 cm and I weigh 82 kg, putting me in the normal range. I'm planning to add another 10 kg or so, though.

I don't think that's right. I'm 185 give or take and exactly 80 kg, but I'm pretty overweight.