I just tried a 2x15 bassman cab with my Mesa RA100h and I liked it a lot, it's 4 ohm. I want to build me a 2x12 cab with some nice Weber speakers. With my amp you can connect two cabs at the same time, it has a switch for selecting 4ohm and 8ohm respectively. The instruction booklet says that if want to connect, for example, two 8hm cabs a the same time with the 4ohm option selected (I guess it splits impedance); so if I connect two 4ohm cabs I guess it will be a mismatch usin any impedance option of the amp. How can I connect both cabs with matched impedance? Do I need a special dispositive? I considering buying the bassman (both bassman 2x15 cab and a bassman silverface 50w head), solving this issue will be the decisive factor.

Thank you.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Yep I realized that already, I'll ask them.

Will a parallel or a series box help? :S

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Mar 20, 2012,
There are some 'load dump' type products that can work in certain situations but with 2 - 4 ohm cabs you've run out of runway. You can look at www.taweber.com under attenuators I believe. If that is what you are asking about. I'm not sure what a parallel or series box is. Mismatching ohms is generally considered a bad thing but you could ask them if an 8 and a 4 ohm cab would do any damage if mixed. I certainly won't be recommending it.
After a moment the gears disappear and some good info pops up : "This is just a quick post to document a quick and useful box I made about a month or so ago.
I was thinking along the lines of adding a mod to speaker cabs that will allow me to connect them in series so that I could possibly connect a couple 4 ohm cabs up to an amp, but not having to go down to only a 2 ohm load (because amp s
peaker jacks are always parallel).
Then I realized I could make a handy little box that I could just use when I need it.

But not only will it allow me to put two separate cabs in series, it also allows me to expand to 2 parallel jacks if an amp only has one. OR, I could even plug in 3 speaker cabs at once. 2 will be in series and 1 will be in parallel with them. So, if an amp has 2 parallel jacks, it allows you to actually get to 4 jacks in essence. I know, it gets complicated, but it solves some challenges with cabs of different impedances, etc.

Anyways, it was a quick and easy box. The series jack in it is bypassed unless it is plugged into.
Another possible use for this box would be to split a signal like a Y cable, if you wanted to split a guitar signal to go to 2 amps. You would just go out the 2 parallel jack to the 2 amps (and you may need to lift the ground from what of the amps to eliminate ground loop hum, because they would share a common ground through this box)."

And some pictures of the box.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Bump!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by Perverockstar69
Bump!

don't bump your thread after 30 min without a response, reported
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Pay attention, it was 12 hours after.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Mar 22, 2012,